Author Topic: 2008 survey out  (Read 5554 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
2008 survey out
« on: August 01, 2007, 05:48:30 PM »
Well, it looks like SDC is going for something different this year. The yearly survey is reportedly out according to posts on 1Branson, and instead of polling different thrill ride possibilities, the concepts are: A new wedding chapel, a craft house, and a cooking seminar attraction.

Meh, none of those strike my fancy, and it's not because they don't involve rides. I'd rather they just put in a few new shops before anything else, but there are plenty of others who are excited about these possibilities.

I don't think this is all SDC has in store for 2008 though. It was said that they would be spending several million on park improvements, so I expect to see more. Anyone else get this survey, or any thing else like it?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 survey out
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »
None of those things interest me any. I hope it's more than that. But what would the park be improving on?? Geyser Gulch fix ups? Tom Sawyer? What??
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »
^Well, my bets are still on the Midtown/Landing re-hab. I'm sure this isn't all we'll see for 2008.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 02:01:44 PM by shavethewhales »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 11:08:41 PM »
^Well, my bets are still on the Midtown/Landing re-hab. I'm sure this isn't all we'll see for 2008.

I'm expecting to just see little detail add-ons that you'll have to look deep at to see.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 10:23:05 PM »
If I recall correctly, it was right about this time in 2004 that the big surveys were passed around. It's less likely they'll be so blatant this year, what with how they've learned from past mistakes and the fact that next year's project won't be as big as 2005's. Never-the-less, be on the look-out, I expect to see something soon. 'Clues' are apparently going to be spread around, both in the park and on the web, so keep an eye out.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 09:52:53 AM »
I think i have seen ssome clues well I don't know if this is a clue or not but the last time I was down there they had grandfathers mansion entrance blocked off so this means that they are going to do some rehab on it which I would like to see, I would like them to go in and retouch on some of the paint and some of the animatronics.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 06:58:32 PM »
When you were last at the park?

That's very interesting. I've never seen Grandfather's Mansion closed.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 07:35:30 PM »
I've seen it closed a few times. They may or may not re-paint a few minor things before Christmas, but they won't do anything major until the off season.