Author Topic: SDC's 2008 Project  (Read 63328 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC's 2008 Project
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2009, 09:51:47 PM »
I guess there's not enough talk in the C&C School, so SDC has just initiated a new survey.  Questions were focused on the type of classes (still only cooking and no crafts) we would be most interested in - a two hour class on tablescapes for $20 (and you get to keep a tote bag), a class about the versatility of mac & cheese, something about cooking vegetables, and one about desserts (in which parent and child team up in the class).  We voted for the latter as it seemed most in line with the mission of the park, but none of that stuff really appeals to us.  In each of these, you get to sample the dishes (Oh boy.).

Does this mean classes are not filling at the C&C?  This had to be the most bland of all surveys.  They seemed to be asking if we would visit SDC more if they added the right classes.  Nope.  Is the C&C actually supposed to be a "destination" attraction?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2009, 10:07:55 PM »
I got this too and forgot to mention it since nothing really stuck out. They're just working to improve the culinary school it seems. It's still in its infancy, so there's lots to test out. I think they've done reasonably well so far. For me it's really added back some feeling that the park is still very unique and open to other visitor types and age groups, so that's all I care about. I think there are a few people that for them, C&C really rounds out their experience though, so it's worth developing thoroughly. Maybe it will pave the way for other educational/interactive attractions in the future.

SteamFreak

« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2009, 08:03:18 AM »
Just finished this survey I think I chose the entertaining one...I don't know if I would sit thorugh a class of kids...but I suppose I can understand other people wanting to.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2009, 10:38:21 AM »
I finished it as well, I did not choose that class as a favorite, the Mac n' Cheese looked scrumptious though! I have never taken a class there, but I have made the Ginger Cookies recipe, and they were amazing!

http://www.foodchannel.com/recipes/1249-silver-dollar-city-s-ginger-cookie

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2009, 03:21:53 PM »
Does this mean classes are not filling at the C&C? 

I can attest that the classes are not filling up at C&C.
In fact very few have ever been full.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »
I figure this is true.  They charge you to watch a demonstration - not really much participation as I understand - and then they give you a "sample" of what is made and a recipe.  When might they bring in the Craft side of the Culinary and Craft School?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »
I told them I'd be interested in the Mac & Cheese one... My whole family loves Mac & Cheese.

Joy

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2009, 08:21:01 PM »
Of the 4 classes my wife went two last year- three were sold out and one was about half full.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2009, 11:14:01 PM »
I too agree that the craft side needs to start up. I also know that several have sold out.