Author Topic: SDC's 2008 Project  (Read 63358 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2008 Project
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 09:45:45 PM »
Re-theming Geyser Gulch to Tom Sawyer is a BRILLIANT idea. I LOVE it. Anything that preserves Mark Twain-related theming at SDC is a good idea in my book.

You know, wouldn't it be cool if SDC took their public surveys to the next level and actually had some sort of an open meeting at the park where visitors can pitch ideas? There are so many wonderful ideas that people have come up with for SDC that I'd love to see incorporated, and I'd love it for SDC to know of all these great ideas.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

PS: Hey, Steve, is there any way to change or get rid of whatever thing is turning "L O L" into "I use silly acronyms"?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 09:48:06 PM »
Good ideas except for the hyper coaster. Not enough room and it would look dumb smack dab in the middle of the city. I think that is where you meant to put it.

EDIT: I especially love your idea Joy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 09:48:42 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 09:51:09 PM »
Jesus Copper, that's genius, the thought of moving the Landing had never once crossed my mind, but that would be about the only way that that area can live on at SDC, what with that area being so prime for shopping and other things. I also agree that Geyser Gulch needs to be changed a bit. Some of it looks pretty damn cool, but they still like to pretend that it is in some way a 'tree house', and the colors aren't working either, even in a wacky way.

I too would like to see a B&M hyper, but it'd be a push for SDC. It'll be a long time before it's even a possibility, they probably want their own Mystery Mine and Woodie before then.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 09:54:02 PM »
Yeah, the colors on Geyser Gulch have always been a sore spot with me. I like the stuff there, but the colors are just SOOO out of whack with the rest of the SDC theme... A forest green/brown/burnt orange color scheme would work better, I think, but above all, I prefer fading/weathering so that it doesn't look so pristine. It's part of an 1880s mining town; it shouldn't be pristine.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 09:55:21 PM »
What if it was incorporated into the new Landing, like an old mansion that Tom and Huck find? Hmmm, someone should e-mail SDC with this  ;).

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 09:57:50 PM »
Notify Conductor Sam immediately!!

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a hyper, just not right now. And not in the middle of the city.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 10:03:01 PM »
Well, with having Splash Harbor adjacent to Geyser Gulch, you could re-theme GG to a Mississippi steamboat, which feature heavily in both Tom and Huck's stories. Could make it that it's docked at the dock of Tom Sawyer's hometown along the Mississippi.

~ "Becky" Joy ~
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 10:03:44 PM by tinaalsgirl »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 10:09:49 PM »
Yeah, I like this idea a lot. It would be hard to do though.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 10:20:11 PM »
Yeah, now that I think of it, the main building would have to be messed with a bit to make it look more like an abandoned manor, and the S.S. Tadpole doesn't exactly look like much of a steamboat, but it's still not out of the question, especially the part where the Landing is moved over there.

Really though I want to see a new Tree House, and I mean a real tree house. I kinda hope they'll just re-build the old one where it is, but who knows. It'd be awesome if they did something totally massive like that big tree at Disneyland/world/wherever.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 11:34:11 PM »
Lake Silver should be expanded a little. They should move Splash Harbor further into the New Landing. An Island on the far side of Lake Silver would be built to house the new Diving Bell ride. The diving Bell would be built in a Jules Vern nautical style. This type of ride would also help out on inclement weather days. The indoor rides (Fire in the Hole & Flooded Mine) stay open during lightning. This would be one more attraction people could enjoy during these days. A river boat idea would be great for a sea-food restaurant. They could even include a small stage on the boat for ragtime and comedy skit shows. I would also like to see the Medicine Wagon Stage be brought back to the City. Originally the Medicine Wagon show was where the Magic Box shop is currently located. The theatre eventually turned into the Valley Theatre and now the magic show/shop. I would like to see the magic shop moved to the New Landing and combine the Medicine Wagon show and Magic Shop. They could create a vaudeville style magic show. This would bring back the SDC shows of yester year.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 04:37:52 PM »
so are they really suppose to add a rube dugan ride agian?? and i would love to see them expand the lake silver area it would be a nice expansion, and they could add (this is a long shot but you never know) a sumberine ride in the lake that would be pretty neat if you ask me what do you guys think??
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 04:46:01 PM »
^A submarine ride would be incredibly hard to pull off, as the lake would have to be expanded significantly.

I'm sure we'll eventually see the return of Rube Dugin, but it may be in 10 years.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 11:26:48 AM »
they could possibly add a timber tower type of ride out on the lake and do tom sawyer themeing that could be cool.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 03:36:45 PM »
^Let's hope not, seeing as the Dollywood version is almost dead. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't been taken out yet, but then again it is a very expensive addition.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 08:57:51 PM »
do you think a thunderhawk type of ride would do good??