Author Topic: The Wayback Machine  (Read 166847 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: The Wayback Machine
« Reply #600 on: April 12, 2012, 11:18:43 AM »
Dang eBay....I got what I thought was my AMAZING purchase...and unfortunately I was sent the wrong thing by the seller. It was an honest mistake, and hopefully It will get resolved once I send him the wrong one back...boo.

That's happened to me before. Really annoying.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 17, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »
After looking into the seller on the internet, I found him, and this isn't the first mention of this happening. Mine showed up yesterday a bit worse for wear, but at least I have it. More to come once I get my mind wrapped on how to conserve this piece for my collection...I know pretty cryptic huh? Hopefully it pans out to be everything that I hope for!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 10, 2012, 12:40:03 PM »
Ozark Gal spurred me to fire up the old machine to see what we could find...

The Pazazz cards were a great piece in the same era as the kids books, with several of the same illustrations.
The cards include the Blacksmith, The Wilderness Church, The Cave, The Float Trip, Capt. Dugan's Diving bell, the Candle Maker, The Candy Maker, The Soap Maker etc...Many great illustrations.
Here are the box graphics

and one image from a card...Now I know I am going to be asked...let me see this...or let me see this...I'll see what I can do!

OOPS...it looks like I forgot to crop this one down... ;D Is that BetaMike? nah...no mustache for him...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:40:54 PM by rubedugans »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 10, 2012, 03:22:07 PM »
Well, you know I gotta ask...can you show us the diving bell card?  I see part of it above.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #604 on: May 10, 2012, 06:05:28 PM »
Ummm...HEY!    ;D
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 10, 2012, 07:44:04 PM »
Sorry Beta I knew no one else from the candy store to connect that one to!

Junior I knew that would get someone! you mean that much of it isn't enough? It is a similar drawing to the one of the early 80's "wish you were here" books of the interior with the periscope. I won't be back at my desk for a few days so we will just have to eagerly await the image!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 24, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »
Just stumbled across an antique mall next door to my hotel in Jeff City to find a treasure trove of postcards!!! The Wayback Machine has been restocked!

Oh and Junior when I get back home I'll post the diving bell card from he Pizazz deck for you.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 25, 2012, 07:18:40 AM »
Ya gotta love those flea markets...and yard sales! All sorts of vintage stuff pops up!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 29, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »
I said I would, so here it is...The card from the Pazazz card game that Junior just had to see. As you can see, it is a cropped version of a larger drawing that appeared one of the kids books.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 29, 2012, 04:34:11 PM »
Thanks Rube!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 06, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »
Firing up the wayback and heading to good old 1970 (I was -10!!!)
We are headed to the Ozarks most talked about water attraction!!!
Sammy Lane's Pirate Cruise
The Newest Coast Guard Approved Excursion Boats on Lake Taneycomo

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 06, 2012, 08:40:02 PM »
Speaking of way back, I was browsing page 1 - waaaayyyyy back in this post and happened across the MWA picture.  I'm wondering if it could be from the organization of the Modern Woodmen of America insurance company (founded in the late 1800 's).  I have attached a link to their history page, and there is an office on Hwy 160 in Forsyth, MO.
 ???

http://www.modern-woodmen.org/AboutUs/History/Pages/The%20Story%20of%20Our%20Name.aspx
It might just be
may just be
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 06, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »
I had a high school pal named Marty who was an employee of Sammy Lane Boat Cruises in the early 80s for a couple of years. He played the pirate that robbed the tour boats, and hung out at the old dock isolated down the lake where the boats turned back to Branson. The next year, he studied and got his pilot license and then was a pilot or captain of the tour boat itself. As a 15 year old kid, I remember hearing the pirate cannon on Taneycomo discharge about twice an hour. I lived on Eiserman Street in Branson, just about three blocks from the lake. Thanks for sharing Rube.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 07, 2012, 09:16:22 AM »
One of these days yall I will be living near the lake......chillin and making memories. As soon as I am done with school and practicing and saving money and maybe by the time I am 60 I will......ugh...
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 07, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »
Anyone know when the Pirate Cruise stopped running? Was it still going in the early 90s? I seem to remember those brochure pictures, just wanted to make sure they weren't false memories.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"