Author Topic: Crowd Levels  (Read 12391 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Crowd Levels
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 10:37:07 PM »
Well next time you are at the park and want to know what the attendance was for the day, go up to a register and ask, most of them can pull up the numbers for the day.
SWOOSH

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 10:39:19 PM »
When I stayed the wilderness last christmas they called an extension that had the projection and actual number- which I knew that extension number ;D

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 08:43:32 PM »
I realize you can ask what the attendance was for a particular day at the park. I have done that several times myself. I am more curious about the cumulative attendance figure year to date as it compares to the previous few years.  Is the total number up, down or flat?  If the cumulative number is up, as many on this site have hinted at, what are the factors driving that? We know it's not the new ride SDC rolled out for 2009. What impact has the closing of Celebration City had on SDC's numbers? Is the economy keeping more people closer to home? Are lower gas prices (compared to last year) allowing season pass holders to make more trips to Branson?  Just wondering out loud.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 08:48:46 PM »
Last time I asked it was flat to just barely up.  While the weekend crowds have been up, it has still be rather slow mid-week.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »
^That's too bad, I was hoping they were doing well, but as they haven't added anything in 2 years, I guess flat attendance is pretty good. I mean, their competitors have both added coasters recently, and they're both enjoying increased attendance from what I've heard.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 12:03:35 AM »
WOF is way up.  SFStL is up as well.

However both of those parks are enjoying the fact that the locals are "re-discovering" the parks after a long absence due to the fact they used to go on BIG trips away from the area, whereas now they just go to the local park instead because of the "economy" (GD that excuse is getting old)
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 12:33:34 AM »
It's UP!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 01:15:11 AM »
^good.  The last time I asked was late June, so I guess July was a good month for them.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:16:04 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 10:29:05 AM »
I do not know about Worlds of Fun, Six Flags is giving huge discounts.  Six Flags may be up in guest count but it is hard to believe they would be up in cash flow. 
I will say this.  We bring the kids and grandchildren to Branson to get away.  The fact is it cost a great deal more to go to White Water and SDC.  It may be something that they need to think about next summer.   When we were in Branson three weeks ago it seemed to me like the town looked down.  Grass not cut, building empty, not busy at all.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »
WOF has discounts, but does not give the gate away like Six Flags.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 03:31:50 PM »
It's UP!

According to the recent press release in Branson Daily it is down 3% from last year, so I guess it had not changed much from the last time I asked after all.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 04:22:12 PM »
^That report was from some time ago though. Apparently MM gave them a good boost.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 04:43:15 PM »
My question about that though, was how many of them were the "free tickets"
SWOOSH

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 08:50:10 PM »
Did anyone make it to Summer Ride Days this week?  Just curious about how the crowds were since they added these dates to the calendar somewhat late.

kerrydale

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 10:51:58 AM »
We're getting ready to make our first fall trip to SDC in a couple of weeks...can anybody tell me what we might expect as far as crowds in the park and in town?  (We'll be in town the weekend after Labor Day...)