Author Topic: SDC Blog Update -- Info on Christmas (tree, etc.)!!!  (Read 9298 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
SDC Blog Update -- Info on Christmas (tree, etc.)!!!
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:21:53 AM »
Here's the newest blog entry, with info for the upcoming Christmas season.... You know, I coulda sworn they'd said they were replacing the tree with a 7-story, but maybe their plans changed...

http://silverdollarcity.blogspot.com/2007/08/christmas-list.html

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC Blog Update -- Info on Christmas (tree, etc.)!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 04:59:25 PM »
^That's what I heard some while ago, like back last December, I guess plans really do change over a year. Oh well.

I am terribly disappointed in the new tree. This is basically a pyramid with a bunch of lights, it hardly passes for a tree, and it certainly isn't even close to being as good as the old tree.

At least they're extending the hours and synchronizing the lights on the main square.

Does anyone know how tall the last tree was? Wasn't it 5-stories as well?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »
Yeah, the old tree was 5-story.

I have to wonder, however, if perhaps the tree he's showing in the pics is just the base without any of the decorative outer layers (garlands, bows, etc.)?

I LOOOVE the idea of synchronizing the Main St. lights, and the extended hours are going to be brilliant, especially for those of us coaster enthusiasts who want as many hours as possible for riding the coasters in the dark.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 06:52:23 PM »
I think this all sounds good. I hope the tree isn't just a pyramid though. That'd be disappointing. Synchronizing the lights on Main Steet will be so cool!!

I also love how their bringing in the dinosaurs.  ;)
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:28:33 PM »

I have to wonder, however, if perhaps the tree he's showing in the pics is just the base without any of the decorative outer layers (garlands, bows, etc.)?

Lets' hope so. With the usual decorations, this tree would be incredible, as it has many more lights than the last tree.

It's funny though what we will call a tree these days. Even the last 'tree' was just a big green cone filled with lights, and this one is something like a octogonial pyramid with almost no greenery at all.

I hope they bring back the old songs though, I grew up listening to/watching those.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 12:17:58 AM »
Yeah, I like the new song that he linked to, but I do hope that it's an addition rather than a replacement for the other songs. I mean, you just can't have Christmas without TSO! :-)

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 03:53:41 PM »
That new song sounds like something they would use on movie credits. It would be easier to set to lights, but it sure doesn't sound very old timey or even Christmassy.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 01:09:05 PM »
I just saw your question on the blog and Conductor Sam's answer.

YAY! I was right that the decorations are layered over the tree. And YAY! They're not replacing the songs but adding to the playlist!

I would have asked the questions myself, but for some reason, it seems like my comments never make it through; I comment on almost every single blog entry, but they never show up....

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »
I'm hoping to go to the Christmas festival this year but I don't know if I'll get the chance. Is anyone here going to go? Whales, Joy??

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 04:02:48 PM »
^I'll probably make it either for Coaster Christmas or the weekend before.

Conductor Sam's news is great though. So instead of the new 7-story tree, if that was ever going to really happen, they've just added a new song, new lights, and synchronized the square - and the decorations are coming. So all in all, it will turn out much better than I thought, as usual.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 10:59:43 PM »
My friends and I are aiming for the Sat December 15th weekend; my experience has always been pretty good weather-wise around the 16/17th of December down there.

Plus, Bring A Friend tickets don't work 'til December 13th for Christmas, so I have to wait 'til then to go; my friends both have season passes, but I don't, and the only way I'm gonna afford to go is if I use BAFs.

I'm really, really excited about the synchronization of the lights on the buildings.... That's gonna make this the coolest lighting show so far at SDC. I'll have to film the whole thing for posterity; I'm glad to have gotten last year's tree stuff on video, too... Since I thought they were going to be getting a completely new, 7-story tree at that time, I felt like I wanted to capture the final year for what they had.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 09:11:58 PM »
Hey anyone read the inside track on sdc website about christmas?? It says that there would be dinosaurs??? I find that to be interesting. Does anybody have any thoughts about this cause I think and this is just me this might be a clue to what sdc is getting next year but thats just me though.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 09:39:02 PM »
^Heh, I think that just might have been only a joke, the blog entries almost always end on one.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 07:11:23 AM »
yeah your right
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 08:34:07 PM »
Yeah Conductor Sam is one funny dude.