Author Topic: Lost Concepts Round-Up  (Read 26717 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Concepts Round-Up
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 09:11:52 PM »
Flash Flood Rapids sounds too much like Lost River and I don't think SDC would have two of the same ride. Not very good business sense. The base camp things sounds like it would take up a lot of space. I don't really like either of those ideas to tell you the truth.

Very interesting though. Keep postin those Copper!!

"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 09:13:46 PM »
OOOOO.... I really, really like that Adventure Mountain idea!

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 09:19:04 PM »
^Huh, that idea sounds to me like one of those huge obstacle courses. Personally, I really can't see that at SDC, and it certainly doesn't appeal to me, but it's good to see that a whole spread of ideas are being tossed around.

What year were these from, Copper? Thanks by the way, I'll be sure to add these tomorrow.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 09:19:49 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you Whales.

And where were they going to be placed?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 09:22:33 PM »
Hey, that water attraction almost sounds like a variant of a Splash Battle... Hmmm... Oh well, it did sound kind of cool, I just hope it doesn't/wouldn't take the place of Lost River.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 09:25:30 PM »
Yeah, that would be dumb if it took the place of Lost River as the "round boats" as I call them are one of the most popular rides in the park. Whenever I first read it it didn't sound like a splash battle though.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 09:25:53 PM »
Well, Mountain Country sounds a lot like Tom Sawyer Island, which is awesome. The Extreme Country sounds like it'd have stuff like rock climbing, which Worlds of Fun even has. And perhaps Kids Country would be a good replacement should they get rid of all the Huck Finn rope stuff in Tom Sawyer's Landing.

And of course what I like the most is the idea of the day and night campovers... If that includes night excursions into the rest of the park, I'm all for it. hehehe

Unless, of course, the Base Camp is actually an idea for a second SDC-owned campground.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 09:29:31 PM »

1. Great outdoor adventure begins at Adventure Mountain Base Camp- your getaway to four exciting adventure countries. There’s Mountain Country with its cave trails, segway paths and other mountain activities.

Oh, I just saw this - segway paths!? Wow, just wow, cause people really are too fat to even walk around amusement parks.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 09:35:02 PM »
Well, Mountain Country sounds a lot like Tom Sawyer Island, which is awesome. The Extreme Country sounds like it'd have stuff like rock climbing, which Worlds of Fun even has. And perhaps Kids Country would be a good replacement should they get rid of all the Huck Finn rope stuff in Tom Sawyer's Landing.

Yes, but to rock climb it we'd be charged extra. Which is crap. Already costs too much to get in and eat as it is.

And of course what I like the most is the idea of the day and night campovers... If that includes night excursions into the rest of the park, I'm all for it. hehehe

I would too, but that ain't gonna happen.

Unless, of course, the Base Camp is actually an idea for a second SDC-owned campground.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

That would just be the icing on a very bad cake.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 09:55:45 PM »
I like this idea; they could do a great water coaster with this idea. This is also loosely based on a legend of a cave near Arkansas. 

These are from winter 2006

Creature in the Creek
The spooky legend of Boggy Creek comes to life in this dark ride concept.

Mystery and surprises await you as you embark on a nighttime rafting journey down fog-shrouded Boggy Creek in search of the elusive “Creature in the Creek” You’ll soon find yourself carried by the current into an ominous cave populated by unfriendly critters. More dangers follow: raging rapids, a violent whirlpool and falling trees. Then, suddenly, you are face to face with the fearsome creature in the Creek itself as this dramatic water-based dark ride escalates to a thrilling climax.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 09:57:56 PM »
^Meh, the story line needs some work, and it almost sounds like that would replace the mine shoot-out. I don't like how many of these concepts sound like they will replace existing classics, but it's very interesting to note that water rides are prime ground right now.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 10:01:12 PM »
I don't like the story. If we're getting a water coaster I want to see Buzz Saw Falls return (with a few more twists and turns).

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 11:41:43 PM »
River Rapid Falls
The amazing Adventure of Lewis and Clark

You’ll encounter amazing sights and sudden perils in this thrilling river experience- from menacing rapids and hostile animals to falling rocks and a dark, scary cave. It all culminates with a sudden, unexpected plunge over a pounding waterfall that brings your voyage of discovery to a spectacular climax.

I like this concept, but it sounds a lot like the Float Trip and the American Plunge combined something they could and easily do.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 03:50:17 PM »
^Once again, not only is it a water ride, but it sounds perfectly like something that would replace the American Plunge. Was this also from 2006? Sounds like we have a strong theme here that will probably show up again this year.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 04:08:16 PM »
i do know remember the creature in the creek concept and i heard that they are still working on it and would like it to become reality but the story line they have changed from what i heard and sounds pretty neat.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!