Author Topic: Hotel  (Read 13641 times)

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hotel
« on: April 27, 2009, 07:07:24 AM »
When booking our trip in June, I searched around for hotel deals.  I always ask what all the rates are and what discounts are offered.  This time the best deal was with my SDC Season Pass. 

I have never had that before.  Are a lot of hotels starting to offer those discounts? 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

SteamFreak

Re: Hotel
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:24:48 AM »
There are a few hotels listed on your list of discounts that came with your pass, a lot of resturants on there as well. Plenty of good deals.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 02:09:06 PM »
I prefer to usually stay on Indian Point. The rates are usually comparable to any of the hotels on the strip (if you look hard enough) and you don't have to deal with nearly as much traffic in the morning and evening. True there is no "complimentary breakfast" consisting of powdered donuts and cereal, and you are a bit away from the restaurants on 76, so for some it is inconvenient, however I feel the view, and the lake always makes up for that!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 01:55:43 AM »
...True there is no "complimentary breakfast" consisting of powdered donuts and cereal, and you are a bit away from the restaurants on 76...

And the downside is?

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 10:33:48 AM »
...True there is no "complimentary breakfast" consisting of powdered donuts and cereal, and you are a bit away from the restaurants on 76...

And the downside is?

Some people like the restaurants I guess?

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 03:30:15 PM »

And the downside is?

I was thinking more of being away from 76.  ;)

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 07:47:07 AM »

depending on the number of people you are taking, I suggest the condos at the notch.  They are a mile past SDC on 76. Two bedrooms and two baths for 135 a night with full kitchen and living room, nice deck with great view, quiet . two pools and playground in the summer Call Notch Nightly Rentals at 417-338-2000.

SDC has always made a great past to remember

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »

And the downside is?

I was thinking more of being away from 76.  ;)

Touche.  :)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »
After a school conference I stayed in the Steamboat Inn on the strip, it was $34 a night for 2 beds and a full bath. I was however... staying inside of a large steamboat with the Beatles playing well into the night nearly midnight I believe (it is directly next to the Liverpool Legends show!). But what do you expect for $34+tax! For just me it was fine, my wife however would never be okay with it!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:43:13 AM by rubedugans »

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 07:14:21 AM »
We love staying out on Indian Point.  The Tree House condos are nice and staying at Still Waters is great for the kids.  Another place that we have stayed three times now is Hunter's Friend.  They have some great condos right on the lake.  Great for big family's like ours.  Three bedrooms (with king beds) hot tub, and full kitchen.

coalesce99

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »
After a school conference I stayed in the Steamboat Inn on the strip, it was $34 a night for 2 beds and a full bath. I was however... staying inside of a large steamboat with the Beatles playing well into the night nearly midnight I believe (it is directly next to the Liverpool Legends show!). But what do you expect for $34+tax! For just me it was fine, my wife however would never be okay with it!

How was their wifi? Do they have an outdoor pool?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 11:35:13 AM »
We as SDCfans get a great discount rate at eagles lodge on the west side of branson.  only 40.00 per nite,, breakfast, wifi, pool.  Several of us have stayed there and we are all very happy wiht them..  Call Paige, the manager at 417-336-2666.    she will set you up!

www.eagleslodgebranson.com
www.homestaybranson.com.

2 websites-  same place!  CALL HER!!!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
here is a thread that has details and comments about eagles lodge.---

http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=1421.0

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
They do have an outdoor poola at the Steamboat, but I am unsure of the WiFi. As foe EaglesLodge, it is SO much better, cleaner, has a breakfast, and well worth the $6 difference in price compared to the Boat in my opinion.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »
Paige thanks you rube!!!   I know we all agree with you!