Author Topic: New Pages Coming Soon.  (Read 15541 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Pages Coming Soon.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 09:12:25 PM »
Oh, there's absolutely no problem with you using the concept art; I mean, it doesn't belong to me... I only got lucky enough to find it on the 'net and save it. Feel free to use them.

Whenever I manage to get back down to the park, I will take a checklist with me and will take pics of everything I can possibly think of.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »
I can take some pics for ya Whales. If Joy is going to the park before I'm going next then I guess I won't have to then.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 04:05:05 PM »
Oh, there's absolutely no problem with you using the concept art; I mean, it doesn't belong to me... I only got lucky enough to find it on the 'net and save it. Feel free to use them.

Thanks, I'll be sure to give the usual credits.

Don't feel like you need to spend time taking photos for the site, although it would be nice to have what you can get. When I go in late November/ early December, I'll get tons of photos, so anything not filled by then will be.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 07:49:01 PM »
Well, unfortunately, I probably won't be making 'til December anyway, so both ya'll will probably beat me to it. :)

I have no problem taking the time to take pictures. If my stepdad is back from his job for a Christmas break by the time I go, I'm gonna see about borrowing his digital camera. I've always wanted to take more pictures of SDC, but I'm always limited with my technology.

I DO have plenty of video, though, and now that I've gotten the filming-SDC bug, I don't think I'll ever have another trip to SDC without my camcorder in my hand.

I have a picture slideshow of SDC on my Youtube, and I've been wanting to make more music videos (I have one, but I have to figure out what to do because it uses a copyrighted song)... My problem is that I have very little space left on my hard drive, so I've been unable to capture all my SDC video to my computer.

But one of these days soon I'll be getting a new, HUGE hard drive, and I'll have all sorts of SDC videos to put up.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »
Speaking of that Youtube slideshow, what was that song in the video that said Fire in the Hole in it? Great photography Joy. I enjoyed that video and I've been watching for your next.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 10:47:14 PM »
Ah, yes, that song... Hmmm... I guess I shouldn't worry about my actual music video having copyrighted songs, seeing as how the slideshow does, too. LOL

That song is "Fire in the Hole" by the Elders. They're an Irish group from here in Kansas City, and they're HUGE here. My first time seeing them was at the KC Irish Fest, and when I heard that song, I knew *immediately* that I had to use it in an SDC video.

Sadly, it's difficult to get good video of the ride, so I wasn't able to do the on-ride video with the song. But I think I worked the pics in well with the lyrics; I had fun synchronizing it all.

I'll see about getting my actual video posted on my Youtube. The problem is keeping the quality high while trying to meet Youtube's 100mb maximum. It's a 7min vid, so it's difficult to make a copy that would be of good quality after all the compression vids go through when uploading to Youtube.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 08:48:32 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow I'll finally get around to that lost concepts page. We'll see though...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 04:54:03 PM »
Alright, the Lost Concepts page is finally up - albeit being a little sparser on info that I had hoped. I'm going to try to tackle the rating system next.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 05:16:16 PM by shavethewhales »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 05:06:34 PM »
What a great and very informative page Whales. Thanks a bunch for everything on the site and this forum. I can't wait to dish out my ratings for all the rides....

Speaking of the rating system, what will be able to rate. Just the current rides, lost rides, or lost concepts??
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 05:38:35 PM by Coaster »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 09:58:04 PM »
Eh, so I'm kinda in the middle of a personal project right now, and there's a bit more I need to find out about before I start the new rating systems. I wanted to have it done by the end of this month, but it may be a little while longer. Hopefully it'll be up by the end of next week at the latest.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 09:59:29 PM »
I can wait on it. As I've said before, better it come out looking good then sloppy.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 10:04:17 PM »
Speaking of the rating system, what will be able to rate. Just the current rides, lost rides, or lost concepts??

It'll be just for current rides, eateries, and eventually, shops.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 06:56:28 PM »
I've been working a lot with MySQL and PHP this week, and I'm pretty close to making a test version of the rating system. I'll need a couple of people to test it out and make some suggestions, so I'll have it posted up later this week.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »
I can test it for ya.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 10:08:07 PM »
Arrrg....

Everyone's tired of hearing this, and I'm tired of saying it, but it may be awhile yet before I get much done. Not only am I getting busier every day, but I'm also preparing to apply for a new job, and there's lots to do to prepare for that. Plus, it's harder than I thought to make the rating system. I'm going to have to go back and do a lot of study before I try again. Maybe I'll get a chance this weekend, but maybe not.

Hopefully though, I'll find some way to get some updates up this week. News has been slow, but I might be able to dig some stuff up.