Author Topic: World Fest Begins!  (Read 7686 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: World Fest Begins!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »
^Cool pics! I've never seen a line at SDC that long before. The longest I've seen was last year at the Feet of Fire the line extended past the Culinary and Craft School but that's it.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 10:08:57 PM »
Swoosh,

Those are some nice pics.  Glad you had a great time.  Did you really stand in line at the Opera House?  Not for two hours I hope.  If you had asked an usher to come get me, it would have been my pleasure to get you in the side door before the doors opened and you would have been able to pretty much choose where you wanted to sit.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 10:36:28 PM »
^Now you tell me. :D

Actually it wasn't too bad.  I waited in line while I sent off my wife and her mother to go watch the Irish dancers (sorry not my thing - she took those photos) it was nice to get away from my mother-in-law and not be subjected to the Feet of Fire show, so in my opinion -- it was worth the wait (and the quiet). lol

Man that makes me sound like a bad person, doesn't it.  lol
SWOOSH

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 11:06:38 AM »
The rain allowed me to see the shows I hadn't seen yet, until the blasted power-outage!  Here's to the end of a Great World-Fest!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:49:47 AM »
When I was there last April, the line for Feet of Fire went all the way up to the glassblowers!

Joy

^Cool pics! I've never seen a line at SDC that long before. The longest I've seen was last year at the Feet of Fire the line extended past the Culinary and Craft School but that's it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »
When I was there last April, the line for Feet of Fire went all the way up to the glassblowers!

...and definitely not worth the wait (imho)
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
We took one look at the line and decided to pass; guess that was a smart choice. Besides, I see plenty great Irish dancing each year at the KC Irish Fest.

Joy