Author Topic: World Fest Begins!  (Read 7675 times)

SteamFreak

World Fest Begins!
« on: April 03, 2009, 08:25:35 AM »
World Fest starts tomrrow, can't wait to see all the acts and forget about my diet for a little while tomrrow. Anyone else going? Tomrrow is also the first day all regular shows and almost all stores open.

BelmontATO

• View Profile
Re: World Fest Begins!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:14:00 AM »
We're heading up after work tonight, and will be there early for breakfast in the morning. First trip of the year, to the best festival of the year. Looking forward to it!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »
I hope to get out soon, but with my schedule I more than likely will not get out to the City until May  :( :-X :-[ :-\ :o :( >:(

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:34:42 PM »
^Same here.  It's hard to qualify for that Christmas ornament.  We used to get them every year, but you have to go during so many festivals these days that we don't even try.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »
I will be there some time around 8:30, depends on morning traffic!  I'll be the idiot taking non-stop pictures, say hello!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
How bad would you expect the crowds to be on Easter weekend?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 09:12:05 PM »
It was a pretty good day out at the park today.  I don't know if they made the projected attendance, but there seemed to be a good crowd there as I went to lunch.  The Chinese acrobat show in the Opera House was full for all four shows, with standing room only on the last one.  And, people seemed to really enjoy it.  They do some hair-raising stunts, as evidenced by the gasps from the crowd.  I saw the Irish show in the Red-Gold yesterday and it is very good as well.  Be sure to see all the shows when you come.  I know you all have your different favorites, but they're all good.   
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
Is there anyway the public can access attendence or projections- I know there is a phone extension with that info.

SteamFreak

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 11:47:59 PM »
It was a great day in the park, Zephon, where do you work in the park? I'll stop by tomorrow. The feet of fire show was wonderful, it was acually the first time I had been in Red-Gold Hall, what a beautiful facility.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 12:15:23 AM »
Agreed, it was a perfect day for the opening of World-Fest, I actually got to see 4 shows on this trip, talk to a few SDC employees, make some new friends, and the longest ride wait was 10 minutes for the Giant Swing!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

SteamFreak

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 08:02:34 AM »
Yeah, I ended up riding powder keg twice and took my first 3 rides on wildfire this year. I finally dragged my fiance on Wildfire after she was frozen in fear from looking at it...it's now her favorate ride in the park.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 04:02:41 PM »
^Yeah, that is all it takes is to ride it once. Wildfire is definitely the best in the park.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »
Sorry SteamFreak, I didn't check back with the thread in time to reply.  But, for what it's worth, I'm working in the Opera House for World Fest.  Running a followspot for the Chinese acrobats.

Today started off pretty nice but got cold and windy in a hurry.  Chased a lot of people away I think. 
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

SteamFreak

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 07:36:03 PM »
Chased us away, too bad it was too late, we saw that show this morning, almost the only thing we did do, we did get to see copper run every one out of fire in the hole as soon as we got in line  ;) oh well, any day is a good day in the city...the show was really good though.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »
WORLD FEST
Silver Dollar City PTR

April 25, 2009

FULL UPDATE:  HERE

SWOOSH