Author Topic: SDC Photo Album  (Read 5870 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
SDC Photo Album
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:05:33 PM »
Okay, I have my SDC-only Photobucket up and running. Right now, I have sub-albums for Concept Art, Satellite Pics, Trip Pics, and images of my personal SDC collection. Coming soon will be the pics of all the things I've found on Ebay.

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/sdc_joy/

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Photo Album
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »
Wow!! Seems like you have quite the collection Joy! Those are some awesome pictures by the way. I wish I would have got on Ebay and gotten some of those books from ya! Haha, I have the History of Silver Dollar City book but none of the others. Just curious, how much do SDC type items sell for on Ebay? Great looking album Joy!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 08:31:07 PM »
All I'm seeing are a few avatars. Have you not uploaded your photos yet, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »
You have to click on one of the sub albums at the top of the page.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »
Whoops, I'm blind.

WOW though, I mean Geez, you've got some really great stuff! I had no idea that there was concept art for the Ice House or shot tower concepts.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 08:38:04 PM »
What is the ice house?? I've never heard or seen anything of it before I saw Joy's album. It looks like a coaster. Where was it to be placed in the park??

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 08:39:56 PM »
Yeah, I wish they let you have a thumbnail or something for sub-albums; they sure don't stand out very well.

The icehouse and shot tower pics were pure luck in finding... I do a monthly search on Youtube, Google, Google Images, and Ebay to see what new things I can find.

There's another pic that I once came across on Google Image search, but I could only ever get the thumbnail, and so I have NO idea what the art was supposed to be depicting...

Typically, the vintage park maps tend to cost the most on Ebay. They're highly sought after, and there are some aggressive collectors vying for them. I've seen things go for over $50 that I honestly would never have expected to cost that much.

The postcards are probably the cheapest and easiest to collect. There seem to be a lot out there of every design, so they seem to be the most prominent, available, and cheap SDC collectible on Ebay. With shipping, they typically run anywhere from $2 to $5 a piece.

One of the most sought after collectible seems to be these 1970s Coca Cola hangers that have a coin with them (Coca Cola logo on one side, Shad Heller on the other). Those are the most aggressive auctions and tend to ring up fast.

I had quite the shopping spree last year; most of the things I have were bought last spring, back when I was working at the college library.

I'm still trying to find myself a copy of "The Littlest Mule", which is the only children's book I don't have; that one, in mint form, comes with a little record with it.

Well, anyway, sometime tomorrow or Tuesday I'll get an album up of the stuff on Ebay that I've seen in my searches (but haven't gotten 'cause I can only afford so much, LOL).

I feel like one of those Disney fans who has all things Mickey Mouse or all things Donald Duck... SDC really is my own personal Disney.

Plus, I just LOVE the history of SDC, so the vintage stuff is fun to find.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 08:42:20 PM »
Yeah, you really impressed me Joy. I thought I was the SDC guru and I had tons of stuff but I've been proven wrong. Great stuff. Hopefully sometime I can outbid you on Ebay.  ;)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »
^^^I've almost forgotten what the Ice House concept was originally, but I know that somehow it evolved into some kind of inverted coaster concept (probably by B&M). It's definitely one of the most longed-for attractions at SDC. I think originally they had something more in mind like a G-fighter inside a huge Ice House, as that would fit the art, but the thing is, G-fighters weren't around then, were they?

Hey Joy, do you mind if I feature this on the front page?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »
Yeah, no problem. It's there for the world to see. :)

~ "Becky" Joy ~