Author Topic: Kalani Towers Reviews?  (Read 9643 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Kalani Towers Reviews?
« on: August 19, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »
So has anyone braved the new Kalani Towers yet? They look nice, though I miss the old thing that was there before.

Personally, I hate speed slides, they give you extreme wedgies and are overall uncomfortable and unsatisfying, but the racing slide looks great, other than the fact that it looks like you'd spend a lot of time being sprayed in the face. Still, it looks like some people can really get some air on that last hump, I've seen some people almost fly off.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kalani Towers Reviews?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 01:33:27 PM »
I haven't been to White Water for a few years. The slides look really neat though. I love speed slides. You get a huge adrenaline rush!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:06:44 PM »
I have rode the new slides at white water and they are a BLAST!!!  I love speed slides and this one is fast and FUN!!! Anyway white watet said that they bought out the red roof mall and were going to do a major expansion in the future and that kalani towers was the start of this expansion.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:47:01 PM »
I have rode the new slides at white water and they are a BLAST!!!  I love speed slides and this one is fast and FUN!!! Anyway white watet said that they bought out the red roof mall and were going to do a major expansion in the future and that kalani towers was the start of this expansion.

Whoaaaaaa? Seriously!? Wow, that's pretty significant.... I mean, it must have cost them millions to buy out that mall. Where did you hear this?

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:15:12 AM »
from a friend of mine that works down at branson but it might be a while untill the rides start coming in.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:24:25 PM »
Wow, just look at the place on Google Earth, the mall is like 2-3 times the size of White Water. The park has officially overcome it's room problems for good. That's good too, because the place really does need some more slides. After the dueling slides, the slides that came in 2 years ago, and the other two slides, there's not much to do -  and slides aren't roller coasters: they get old fast.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 11:06:31 PM »
yeah, I would like to see them get a water coaster like the new one at disney, did you guys ever ride the old slides before the dueling ones, they were so freaking fun!!!! you would get stuck on them for like hours.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »
I never even visited the park until the year they got the two new slides with the rock face just a few years back. What were the old slides like?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 11:21:23 PM »
I can't figure out what mall they bought....Could someone post a picture or something??

EDIT: Holy crap!! I just looked on Google Earth and they bought a ton of land! They should be able to expand the park a ton now. I've been to that mall a ton, I just didn't know the name of it. My mom might be kinda mad....she loves shopping.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:31:50 PM by Coaster »

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 06:59:08 AM »
its the red roof mall and the sliders before were alot funner than the ones now but they had to take them out because people were getting hurt, it was kind of like a lazy river to the extreme cause you would go down a river for a bit then go down a big drop, people would always fall out on the drops, i did but i thought it was cool. and it was so crowded all the time you would get stuck, i got stuck all the time, and at the very end you wouldgo down a drop and drop off about 4 feet it was so fun!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 10:07:01 AM »
Yeah I remember that sorta. I haven't been to White Water for a few years.

bradhig

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 11:45:54 PM »
White Water had a pair of speed slides in the 1980s calling White Lightning why did they get rid of that if they wanted speed slides?

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »
They were shifting towards "family Friendly" and replaced it with a family slide called Niagra Falls. They then replaced that with faster slides, but things get old. The new towers are great.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 06:00:27 PM »
I believe the White Lightning slides are still in use at White Water Bay in Oklahoma City, though someone may be able to tell us for sure.  As I understand it, they had a problem initially with these slides being rough on people's backs, causing scratches and such.  To remind you, White Water in OKC was sold by SDC several years ago and renamed White Water Bay.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

OrdinaryFella

• WW Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »
By the time they were sold, those were some tired old slides.  Does anyone recall way back when the slide was a large tube slide and you had to carry large tubes all the way up the stairs?  This was way before I started at WW in 1998.  I've heard some of the more senior employees talk about them.