Author Topic: White Water 2022 possible project  (Read 3221 times)

SilverDollarfan

• View Profile
White Water 2022 possible project
« on: July 26, 2021, 05:24:30 PM »
Back in 2018 their was a threat of a new 400+ million dollar water park a year later in 2019 white water’s Guest Survey asked you to rank interest in the addition of body slides, large raft family rides and a grotto activity pool.Which makes me think one of these additions will be making its way to the park next year or 2024.I think the park’s original intentions word to open the ride this on going season but COVID-19 delayed this possible project.I honestly think that this possible addition will open next year or in 2024.My reasons being that the park is at a yearly attendance high here in 2021.Nearly every time I have when this season that park has been crammed full of people.Heck even on there website it’s warning it’s season pass holders the parks going to be extremely crowded on Saturday as well back in June they extended their operating hours to 7 pm and in August they had added a operating day and extend their hours on a couple Saturday’s to 8pm.So why wouldn’t they resume or reboot this potential project…?I would attract more 2 park season pass holders it would give the park some needed media attention and it would added a new shiny water slide or pool to their collection.Anyway guys I really think their will be a possible new addition between next season and 2024 the only reason that this project would of been canceled was because of COVID but like I said earlier this has been one of their busy seasons.But Idk let me know what you guys think please

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: White Water 2022 possible project
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 08:29:08 AM »
They are beyond due for something -anything- new. We have talked for years about how this park is undersized for the market and how it doesn't live up to it's potential despite being nicely themed in some areas. It simply needs more slides and attractions.

Here's hoping for a new slide tower next year.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 02:23:37 PM »
I am still of the opinion that HFE should abandon the leased site WW stands on now and repurpose the old Celebration City site into a summer high tech modern waterpark and ski, Ice skating winter park for the cold months.

Anyone know how long the lease runs for the current location ?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 11:05:47 PM »
I still say they should build a new waterpark out by SDC.  The employee lot at the intersection of Indian Point Road would be a good place. 
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 04:03:05 PM »
I have almost zero knowledge on the plans/rumors....but I'll post an opinion/prediction anyway.  lol

My money is on White Water staying where it is with maybe a few minor upgrades yearly.  It has a solid customer base both locally and of course from the tourist on the strip (that baseball complex behind itis a cash cow).  I know it doesn't have much footprint for expanding.

Water Parks are easy money when done right.  I know Branson has a couple other minor parks associated with hotels/resorts.

If HFE every pulls the trigger on a dollywood like SDC resort....I'm guessing a 2nd waterpark will be built with it.  I don't know if that is over where Celebration City was....or closer to SDC...or...who knows.  But a 2nd water park with a different set of water park attractions I think could work.   Would give HFE an additional way to package tickets and passes.....would be a perk for the new resort and really doesn't have to be that big.  Make one about the same size as WW and just make sure it has enough different attractions to make it a different experience.  Not unlike what Disney does with there 3 water parks onsite.  Could even go down the road of having it all or partly indoor to keep it open year around.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 04:06:57 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 04:20:59 PM »
I have almost zero knowledge on the plans/rumors....but I'll post an opinion/prediction anyway.  lol

My money is on White Water staying where it is with maybe a few minor upgrades yearly.  It has a solid customer base both locally and of course from the tourist on the strip (that baseball complex behind itis a cash cow).  I know it doesn't have much footprint for expanding.

Water Parks are easy money when done right.  I know Branson has a couple other minor parks associated with hotels/resorts.

If HFE every pulls the trigger on a dollywood like SDC resort....I'm guessing a 2nd waterpark will be built with it.  I don't know if that is over where Celebration City was....or closer to SDC...or...who knows.  But a 2nd water park with a different set of water park attractions I think could work.   Would give HFE an additional way to package tickets and passes.....would be a perk for the new resort and really doesn't have to be that big.  Make one about the same size as WW and just make sure it has enough different attractions to make it a different experience.  Not unlike what Disney does with there 3 water parks onsite.  Could even go down the road of having it all or partly indoor to keep it open year around.

The land that WW sits on will be more valuable then the park.  BPOA can buy it and expand to offer more fields and even build indoor basketball courts for use during the winter to keep cash flowing from travel teams.

All of the current slides can be taken to the new park and the new Waterpark could have a better master plan to utilize space more efficiently. 

If anything, HFEC should buy BPOA like what Cedar Point did with the complex in Sandusky to bring in even more revenue.  Surprised Dollywood hasn’t done this as well
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 05:09:44 PM »

The land that WW sits on will be more valuable then the park.  BPOA can buy it and expand to offer more fields and even build indoor basketball courts for use during the winter to keep cash flowing from travel teams.

All of the current slides can be taken to the new park and the new Waterpark could have a better master plan to utilize space more efficiently. 

If anything, HFEC should buy BPOA like what Cedar Point did with the complex in Sandusky to bring in even more revenue.  Surprised Dollywood hasn’t done this as well

Is 76 real estate really that valuable?  I'm not saying it doesn't have value.....but seems like there are plenty of investment opportunities on and around 76 for development.....even a few larger spaces.

I have no idea what the lease details are that was previously mentioned....that more that anything will force a decision to do something or nothing.

My sons travel team went to 'Branson' for a weekend tourney 2 weeks ago.  I was wondering where they would actually play.  Was pretty disappointed when his games where in Blue Eye (HS) :(  Which I didn't know till after booking a room in town.  Blue Eye almost closer to my house in NWA then it is to Branson.  I'd be all for BPOA to add some courts.....but the Winter is actually on off season for travel ball since its when the school teams are playing.  Spring and Summer are also the main basketball travel season....idk if it would work or not.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:11:55 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

SilverDollarfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 06:34:41 PM »
Why would that move White Water? They have invested 6.5 million+ into the water park in the last 10 years, and well over half of that went into there lazy River something that they can move…Honestly I don’t really think the park is as bad as you guys say it is or make it seem anyway...It has some of the best theming I have ever seen at a water park.It’s is smaller but not as small as you guys would make me think it is.It has six different water slide Towers which isn’t a super lot but they are all costumed design for the terrain or there location, and they are all the water park-Industry at its best.Don’t get me wrong they need a new water slide but even if they don’t I’ll still be happy with the water park.

2022 Project update
Next time I go I am planning on asking the General Manager (if I see him)if they are getting a new addition in the foreseeable future.Hopefully he will give me a clearer answer (like a year or something)

Irrumater

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 08:25:07 AM »
My family has been a long time fan of White Water and usually go 5-10 times a year, even in 2020 with the shortened season. We have recently had the opportunity to visit 2 other GREAT water parks, Holiday World Splashing Safari  and Universal's Volcano Bay. All I can say is WOW.
On our first visit this year my daughter and her friend were down right bored at WW. While the Rainy early summer had some effect, there just hasn't been that normal desire to go back so far this year. We are planning another Trip to Universal this fall and I know that has us comparing the 2 parks even more, and I am sure the Branson market is not going to support a park like VB only being open 3 months a year.... But there has to be a happy medium between what we have and what is out there.
As I long time WW lover I hope they do something soon, IMHO it is just sad when compared to other parks