Author Topic: Street Festival " Tasting Passport"  (Read 2144 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Street Festival " Tasting Passport"
« on: April 12, 2021, 10:22:11 AM »
I am glad SDC finally decided to do a food event.  I have been vocal about this for some time.  Done right this could be a successful event, folded into other seasons and a great way to try different things.  Besides the obvious incentivizing each person to buy a pass that is probably more than they would spend on food to begin with.  " Value" in choice is a big thing in the food service industry today.  I may have to take a trip on Thursday and report back.  Good Move SDC
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:11:24 PM by mhguy77 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Street Festival " Tasting Passport"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 09:27:31 AM »
Hope it's better than last time. I remember paying like 10 to try a tiny skewer of some kind of meat on a bed of Uncle Ben's rice.

The orange chicken waffle cone looks cool though.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Dining/Tasting-Passport

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 10:18:06 AM »
If they give you half an appetizer portion its not a bad deal.  Enough that 2 could try it out.  Skimpy is not good

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 08:34:42 PM »
I am glad SDC finally decided to do a food event.  I have been vocal about this for some time.  Done right this could be a successful event, folded into other seasons and a great way to try different things.  Besides the obvious incentivizing each person to buy a pass that is probably more than they would spend on food to begin with.  " Value" in choice is a big thing in the food service industry today.  I may have to take a trip on Thursday and report back.  Good Move SDC

A 2 meat meal at Smokehouse with a drink refill is around $18.  Instead of one big meal, this allows snacking all day (which is how my family would normally eat at home).  We’ll definitely check this out
SWOOSH

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 01:47:12 PM »
The tasting passport is for smaller portions. I’m disappointed this wasn’t communicated clearly. It seems like some items are a better value than others.

Tried the tater tumblers(you get two)loaded potato, they were good. It looked like you get 1 chicken skewer.

Pic of street corn hot dog and blt Mac and cheese. Street corn was really good, my wife said the blt Mac was good as well.