Author Topic: Silver Dollar City Purchased Land  (Read 16397 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Silver Dollar City Purchased Land
« on: April 02, 2021, 02:14:46 PM »
Indian Ridge, the abandoned mega development next door to SDC, got profiled by a tick tock user and went viral. https://nypost.com/2021/04/01/abandoned-1-6-billion-missouri-resort-community-goes-viral/

It's surprising that this prime real estate is still vacant, but now you have to add the legal issues and the costs of demolition to the challenges of developing it. It's certainly prime real estate though, and the original plans would have been a game changer. Nothing big seems to make it in Branson except the landing, which nearly tanked as well.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Ridge Still Sits Vacant, Now Tick Tock Famous
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 09:06:16 PM »
I had no idea that was out there.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 12:14:05 AM »
Interesting backstory. Didn't know that beyond the economic crash in '08 obviously doing it in. I always take a look over at those when heading to SDC to see how many are still standing. A friend of mine likes to call them "Harry Potter" houses. lol

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 03:33:09 PM »
The County released a statement that told visitors that wanted to get a closer look of the Indian Ridge site that they would be cited for trespassing. I found their statement to be clever by telling people to go visit other Branson attractions that were fully open....

Crazy how Indian Ridge has been sitting out there forever, and just now it's become a problem because of TikTok. The way TikTok influences behavior is scary...it's not just cute annoying dances anymore.

Jay

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 07:31:41 PM »
The County released a statement that told visitors that wanted to get a closer look of the Indian Ridge site that they would be cited for trespassing. I found their statement to be clever by telling people to go visit other Branson attractions that were fully open....

Crazy how Indian Ridge has been sitting out there forever, and just now it's become a problem because of TikTok. The way TikTok influences behavior is scary...it's not just cute annoying dances anymore.

Jay

It became a problem a year or so ago when someone convinced the county they wanted to put in stores, spas, attractions, etc., but they needed a stoplight and entry to get people interested in coming there.  The stoplight was horrible because there was no visual clearance and there were many mishaps.  You'll notice the stoplight has been pulled - thank GOD! - and now there's been no mention of the new business area.

pintrader

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 07:05:45 AM »
It became a problem a year or so ago when someone convinced the county they wanted to put in stores, spas, attractions, etc., but they needed a stoplight and entry to get people interested in coming there.  The stoplight was horrible because there was no visual clearance and there were many mishaps.  You'll notice the stoplight has been pulled - thank GOD! - and now there's been no mention of the new business area.

I thought these stop lights were put in just after the land was put up for auction and sold, which the article says was in 2017.  I do know that I haven't been through that area since Dec of 2019 and they had been up for a long time before that.

I actually never remember the lights being functional and working ever.  The framework for the lights with turn lanes were there for a very long time, but I just can't remember the lights being in working order because there was nothing ever put in for them to be used for.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 09:45:30 AM »

I thought these stop lights were put in just after the land was put up for auction and sold, which the article says was in 2017.  I do know that I haven't been through that area since Dec of 2019 and they had been up for a long time before that.

I actually never remember the lights being functional and working ever.  The framework for the lights with turn lanes were there for a very long time, but I just can't remember the lights being in working order because there was nothing ever put in for them to be used for.

Pintrader, I was only partially correct as my hubs told me.  The lights were installed in 2018, but weren't yet functioning before they were pulled.  He says what I remember are the construction lights, and they did surprise a few drivers coming up the hill.  Here's some info I copied from Branson News - "The other reason the developers for the property, MD&D Investments, LLC, are starting with the intersection is what Troen calls a “sense of place.”

“It was really critical to say ‘Look, here is the Ridge at Table Rock Lake.’ Here is a place where you can say ‘Ah! We’ve arrived,’ and you can turn into the place, and to do so, you need to have a proper place of entry,” Troen said. “The signal is the key to doing that.”
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 09:48:00 AM by Gilligan »

pintrader

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 10:08:45 AM »
^^ Okay Gilligan....that explains it.  I thought for a moment I was losing it once again  :)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 04:58:53 PM »
I guess I just do not see the obsession of this albatross on the landscape. Let it go back to nature.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 01:30:58 PM »
Its not just tik tok....its youtube and facebook too.  I'm in a couple of abandoned places groups.   Someone will post about these every 2-3 weeks with pictures/vids acting like they are first to find these....lol   Probably some of the most famous and photographed abandoned houses in the world.  I'm sure the locals are tired of it.

Some of the same people attempt to get in Celebration City too.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 01:34:06 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 05:52:50 PM »
I heard this place has been sold.  Anyone have more info?
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 07:33:32 PM »
Herschend actually owns way more land of the previous development than I realized. Looks like they own most of it minus where the abandoned buildings are. I could see this being a perfect spot for a resort with a private trolly path through the woods to the park.
A new waterpark modeled after DW’s Splash Country would also be nice in the area.

The picture doesn’t include all Herschend land.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2021, 08:54:54 PM »
I totally agree MG. I think many of us have speculated over the years that HFEC could buy up this place. I'm sure they owned the land at some point back in the way old days when they bought up everything up and down the road.

I really want them to build something on the old CC property and think a huge resort/downtown disney type thing would be awesome, but if they are still hesitant to use that property then this would be a great second option. Plus it would be a place to build more parking, lol.

I'm surprised HFEC or anyone else hasn't developed the property in all this time. The resort went belly up in 2008, right? In the 13 years that have followed Branson has been as hot as ever and this property has always been a great spot. Maybe it was tied up in court all this time.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2021, 08:59:56 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E65YPxMMh1w

This YouTube video has a pretty good history about the failed resort and everything that went wrong with it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2021, 06:54:35 PM »
The picture doesn’t include all Herschend land.

Correct.  Not even close to showing all of the land they own   
When was that last updated?
SWOOSH