Author Topic: First time  (Read 3045 times)

pieman16

• View Profile
First time
« on: March 05, 2021, 12:33:29 AM »
I have never been to SDC. I Now I shouldn't miss the food. What are some other things I should not miss? I will be there around april.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: First time
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 02:48:42 PM »
I love the fry bread place, but really most of the food is good.

The craftsmen and women are awesome. Personally the glass blowers are my favorite, I can watch them for an hour or more. The pottery shop is another good one, they are real close to you and talk to you while they are working. 

The shows are good, I don’t know yet what they are doing this year(last year they only used outdoor theaters, which cut back on their normal show schedule)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 08:46:31 AM »
I have never been to SDC. I Now I shouldn't miss the food. What are some other things I should not miss? I will be there around april.

First time? wow!  so much to see and do..  I hope you are planning on at least 2 days, maybe 3 to get a real feel for the little city.. grats, you will have a great time

Praire Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 02:38:12 AM »
Well, the food alone is worth it...

But probably what I love best is just talking to the "Citizens" of the City - the performers, craftspeople and vendors and folks who make it all work.  They are all - every one of them - friendly, wonderful people, and we always leave feeling like we have visited with old friends, and made new ones!

If you like the theming and Imagineering at WDW, then SDC will leave you stunned, because so much of it feels so authentic.  I have been visiting since the early 1970s, and it never fails to delight; I have so many treasured memories from SDC that have nothing to do with rides, but are centered around the people (and yes, the food!) and experience of just visiting the City.  While the pandemic has certainly affected operations - as it has at theme parks all over the world - just walking around and enjoying the scenery alone is a treat.

I hope you will come back and tell us what you thought of it! Have fun!

pieman16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »
Thanks everyone I was planing 1 day but sounds like I need more then one day. I am going with my dad and then the next I might go alone. But I’m mainly going to Hollister to see my dad. This is more of a perk. My dad is the main reason to be there.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 10:30:22 PM »
I've always done "arrive after 3, next day free", but really seeing the park for the first time takes at least three full days.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 10:07:11 AM »
I've always done "arrive after 3, next day free", but really seeing the park for the first time takes at least three full days.

I think I read that is no longer in effect. 

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 11:25:57 PM »

I think I read that is no longer in effect.

Many of the things I loved about the park are no longer in effect.