Author Topic: If you could bring back one show or create one show at SDC what would it be?  (Read 7042 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Since, as Swoosh pointed out, the board has been quiet I thought I'd ask the question if you could bring back one show at SDC (or create a new one) what would it be?  I would have to go with bringing back the Melvin the Chicken Thief show since I remember all the laughs in that one.  Kind of politically incorrect but certainly not offensive.  What would you bring back (or create)?
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Since, as Swoosh pointed out, the board has been quiet I thought I'd ask the question if you could bring back one show at SDC (or create a new one) what would it be?  I would have to go with bringing back the Melvin the Chicken Thief show since I remember all the laughs in that one.  Kind of politically incorrect but certainly not offensive.  What would you bring back (or create)?

Hatfield's Haint was the terrific show that replaced Melvin.  I'd like to be able to show either to my kids.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
For the Glory was a good show.

There were 2 versions one with a black man that sang a great song about overcoming.  It was really moving but something happened and they removed that.  I didn't find it offensive but then again not much bothers me.  They used to have frequent music acts at the outside stages and that was a nice touch always hear music, this was early 2000s.  I would love for them to go back to that.  It seemed to please the older generation that enjoyed a place to sit and relax and be entertained.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Dickens Christmas Carol... too soon?
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
^ Only if it's going away for good.   :(

I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile

:-X  :'(
SWOOSH

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile

:-X  :'(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
YESSSSSSSSSS  Good riddance. Been around to long and how many forms and ways can this story be done. It is worn out.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Back to topic, I enjoyed Listen to the River.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
^ That was a good one.  I also miss 'Hoedown" which I think was Terry Saunder's return to SDC show from being on "Hee Haw".  I believe it debuted in 1990- I mean 1890  :)

I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
YESSSSSSSSSS  Good riddance. Been around to long and how many forms and ways can this story be done. It is worn out.

Talk about a hot take... but you’re entitled to wrong opinion
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile

Not a hot take. Just a honest opinion. The right one.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile

Not a hot take. Just a honest opinion. The right one.

And apparently shared by the droves of people that stand in line for each show every year.   ::)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
I'd love to see them bring in a musical that didn't rely entirely on co-opting famous tunes. Obviously writing music is hard, and writing musicals is probably even harder, but some originality is a good thing. They just need to bring in some good outside acts once in awhile. They had the right idea with spending big money on that pirate show thing, but I don't think the execution was great.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
I'd love to see them bring in a musical that didn't rely entirely on co-opting famous tunes. Obviously writing music is hard, and writing musicals is probably even harder, but some originality is a good thing. They just need to bring in some good outside acts once in awhile. They had the right idea with spending big money on that pirate show thing, but I don't think the execution was great.

Yeah it is more than likely gone too if the little birds are correct...
SWOOSH