Author Topic: Dec 31st, Jan 1st, 2nd - Question  (Read 3048 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Dec 31st, Jan 1st, 2nd - Question
« on: December 14, 2020, 07:54:19 PM »
We're going to make one final trip to SDC this year - but we will be in Branson Dec. 31, Jan 1, 2. I know Holiday in the Park is over during those three days, but what does that mean?

Are there still lights on in the park at night (still open until 7pm)? Will the Frisco Barn still be selling Christmas ornaments? I'm assume all the shows are done, and the special food will be gone...I just didn't know if they kept the lights on and were still selling Christmas merchandise.

Jay

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 31st, Jan 1st, 2nd - Question
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 05:08:05 AM »
To the best of my knowledge, the only change is no more Santa Clause and possibly no parade after December 25th. Lights, food, & ornaments will still be there.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 08:02:57 AM »
Thank you! I was hoping to get up next week, but it wasn't going to work out for the whole family - so those days were all that was left the the family could make work.

Even with the new regulations in place - we've visited SDC more this year than most. Looking forward to 2021 and seeing how things go next year.

Thanks again.
Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 03:05:48 PM »
Thank you! I was hoping to get up next week, but it wasn't going to work out for the whole family - so those days were all that was left the the family could make work.

Even with the new regulations in place - we've visited SDC more this year than most. Looking forward to 2021 and seeing how things go next year.

Thanks again.
Jay

Check the website..
there are special "shows" on all day long over the park.
I would guess the lights will be on to finish off the season..

Schedule for the 31st....     https://www.silverdollarcity.com/Daily-Schedule?selectDate=12-31-2020

JustGoHogs

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 05:45:24 PM »
Lights are still on but Christmas shows won't operate, including the parades.  We've gone on New Year's Eve and had a wonderful time.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »
Ended up going on Saturday, Jan 2nd. The park was beautiful in the snow.

Because the crowds were very light - the Chicken Waffle place was closed - which was one thing I was looking forward to. I thought about buying a quilt for the family at the furniture store - but noticed they were all "made in china", so I didn't buy one.

In the past, I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of Christmas decorations that were on sale, but this year there were just a few clearance items, but nothing was really on sale like before. When did they stop having the after Christmas 90% off sales? I was ready to buy quite a bit, but without any big sales, didn't see anything I had to have.

I did have a good time, enjoyed all the normal stuff that I love at SDC, bought a name necklace for my daughter and had a good conversation with the craftsman, enjoyed some good food, rode TNT once (just because it was open), gazed at the lights...looking forward to 2021 and a great year with things "hopefully" returning to more normal.

Jay