Author Topic: 2021 Seasons pass benefits  (Read 14191 times)

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Seasons pass benefits
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2020, 09:51:50 PM »
What's interesting with the Gold Pass for the discount on food is that it says for gold pass holder only, where the normal season pass in the past was 10% but up to 6 guests. So I wonder if that means if you go to eat with 4 people are they only going to discount what you ate on the ticket.
I get that financially this was not the best year but I hate to think it is going to start becoming a operation where they are going to start making one pay for the little extra perks for having the season pass.
Also what will really suck as well is we did not use are passes this year so we are rolling them over but losing it seems the benefits.
Looking at the price of the Gold pass for the fact that you get a mug with it and 50% off a ticket a day for a guest I think helps with the price and if you get the parking pass again a little discount there as but still think that is asking to much

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2020, 07:58:59 AM »
I was looking at the loss or benifits with the rollover.  Last year I didnt pay attention and purchased a 2 park pass but never intend to go to WW.  I have been examining the Gold pass as a "possible" upgrade instead or rolling over the 2 park I didnt use but it appears that you need to be a person that visits the park often, stay the entire day, bring non pass members with you, and pay up for show passes or culinary school.  I do not fall into that and I wonder how many other pass members do.  I prefer to go to the park for several hours but not the entire day and dont often do extra park buy ups.  The meal discount is good but its a big financial hit for this option.  Is this really worth it for a regular visitor like me?  I dont think it makes financial sense.  I could see a gold pass for visitors to the park for the weekend like a weekend gold option for once a year visitors but not so sure this is worth the extra.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2020, 09:30:50 AM »
Has anyone got a confirmation that the 10% food discount is actually removed for 2021 standard SP holders?  I emailed SDC, but never got a response.   Been at least a month.   I am trying to do the math myself to see if the 10% is removed, if it is really worth the extra expense for the Gold.   I don't think that I would take advantage of any of the other "perks" with the gold compared to the standard SP.   My math says to get a food discount on an extra $80, I'd have to spend $400 on food to come out even on the extra $80.   
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 10:02:11 AM by kbosch1 »

pintrader

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2020, 12:53:23 PM »
Here is the email I received when I asked about food discount and rollover.  It sounds and looks like to me that the only food discount is on the Gold Pass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email. And, please accept our apologies as we weren’t able to respond to your email in a timely manner.

It is correct that the food discounts (20% off Full-Priced Food and Beverages) is a benefit only available to those who purchase the Gold Pass. Here is a link that lists all of the season pass holder discounts by pass https://www.silverdollarcity.com/Tickets/Season-Passes

And, if you have a 2020 season pass that you have not used by the end of the 2020 season, we will automatically roll those passes over and mail to you between January 18 and March 20.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance! Thank you!

Stephanie

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2020, 04:09:41 PM »
Thanks!  I appreciate that.   I'll have to kick that around.   

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2020, 03:09:13 PM »
If you look down to all the benefits, it lists the 10% discount for regular season pass holders.

pintrader

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2020, 04:10:12 PM »
I don't think that 10% was on the other passes before.  It looks like they have just recently added it to the other passes. 
Possibly they got a little negative feedback when they were just going to give a discount to Gold passholders.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2020, 12:39:43 PM »
Yep, apparently they just added it.  It wasn't there earlier this week and here is a screenshot of it a couple of weeks ago.   Glad to hear that they are including it.   

I also see that on the gold pass the 20% is not just for the pass holder only (as seen in picture below).  Now it states:
“20% OFF Full-Price Food & Beverage at Silver Dollar City for you and up to 6 guests visiting with you (no other offer or discounts can be applied).”
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 07:26:21 PM by kbosch1 »

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2020, 11:00:25 AM »
Thanks for the new information! I had decided to hold off on the gold passes even without the food discount on the regular SDC passes. Glad to see we will still get that!