Author Topic: What is open in Florida?  (Read 3397 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
What is open in Florida?
« on: July 07, 2020, 05:18:13 PM »
I might be down in the Tampa/Orlando area at the end of the month for a couple of days.  What all is open down there?  Not really enough time for Disney nor do I want to spend that kind of money.  Any cheaper parks open?  Any parks closer to Tampa?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: What is open in Florida?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 10:05:30 PM »
I might be down in the Tampa/Orlando area at the end of the month for a couple of days.  What all is open down there?  Not really enough time for Disney nor do I want to spend that kind of money.  Any cheaper parks open?  Any parks closer to Tampa?

This is probably not going to be the best place to find answers to this question. 
Open parks include: Busch Gardens in Tampa. Legoland in Winter Haven.  Both Fun Spots (Kissimmee and Orlando). Sea World Orlando. All three Universal parks.  2/4 Disney parks.  There’s also several tourist trap things open on I-Drive
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 10:29:58 PM »

Kennedy Space Center:  https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 10:55:46 PM »
I don't know about parks, but Florida is shutting down hard, especially the Orlando area. National conventions have been cancelled because the venues are closed.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 09:59:19 PM »
Looks like we might be down there first week of August.  Think I might hit the beach a day or 2 then hit Busch Garden unless they shut everything down again between now and then.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »
Looks like we might be down there first week of August.  Think I might hit the beach a day or 2 then hit Busch Garden unless they shut everything down again between now and then.

Appears they are steadfast on pretty much staying open

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 05:35:32 PM »
We will be in Tampa this weekend and thought about hitting Busch Gardens but it appears a tropical storm might be there at the same time so will probably skip it.  Only  have 1 day so probably not worth trying to hit Disney.