Author Topic: Lots of empty businesses/Yakov theater  (Read 2168 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Lots of empty businesses/Yakov theater
« on: June 14, 2020, 08:51:36 PM »
It seems there are starting to get a lot of abandoned businesses and hotels in Branson.  It is starting to look bad up and down some sections of the strip.  I wonder how much if this was already coming and how much is virus related.

We went to a show last night, Branson acrobats or something like that.  They are performing at the Yakov theater.  Supposedly they were in town last year at a different theater doing a show on ice.  This week was their opening week and they thought about sending the troupe back to China but decided to keep them and see how it goes.  There were 6 people in attendance including the wife and I.  Kind of sad.  Anyway, that got me to thinking, why does Yakov perform down at the Caravelle or whatever it is called instead of his own theater?  This was the first time we have been in there since about 2006 or so when we saw him there.  Place still seems to be in good shape but is showing some wear around the edges from some deferred maintenance.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of empty businesses/Yakov theater
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 08:23:47 AM »
Here is what Yakov had to say about moving his show to the strip in this free article from Branson Tri-Lakes News:
https://bransontrilakesnews.com/entertainment/article_48a76e0e-9148-11ea-b5c4-0f2661f8dad3.html

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of empty businesses/Yakov theater
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 06:14:33 PM »
Interesting article.  I kind of figured it was because his theater probably needs some work and he did not think he would be able to fill it up anymore so a smaller venue might be better.  I assume the Caravell is a smaller theater, never been in there