Author Topic: Fire in the hole  (Read 2830 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Fire in the hole
« on: June 13, 2020, 02:57:42 PM »
When we rode fire in the hole the guy putting us in line said they had done a bunch of work to the track and it was now very smooth on the drops. He wasn’t lying, it was quite a bit of difference. The ride looked and rode great. Hard to believe they would put work into it to just tear it down soon.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fire in the hole
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 03:12:49 PM »
Did they fix the bump on T-N-T?
I'm Your Huckleberry

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
Nope it’s as bad as ever, actually worse probably. Seems to have more rough spots to me.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 12:30:15 AM »
When we rode fire in the hole the guy putting us in line said they had done a bunch of work to the track and it was now very smooth on the drops. He wasn’t lying, it was quite a bit of difference. The ride looked and rode great. Hard to believe they would put work into it to just tear it down soon.

That's awesome news.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 08:11:18 AM »
Fantastic news! Perhaps the earlier rumor came from someone who spotted work being done and thought they were getting rid of it. They need to get some work on the exterior done as well sometime... I'll bet we get another 5 years out of this ride now thanks to COVID. Let's hope the same is true for FM!

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 08:58:33 AM »

I rode Fire in the hole this weekend looking forward to what you described. To me and my family it seemed to have rode rougher than it ever has in the past. Not sure if things changed from Saturday to Sunday or not.

I will try it again but if is still rough for me I will be passing on this possible last year.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 08:34:03 PM »
What part did you find rough?  The rough parts to me before were in the drops and coming out of the drops.  It was WAY smoother but we were in the front car both times.