Author Topic: OPENING JUNE 13, 2020  (Read 20193 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: OPENING JUNE 13, 2020
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2020, 09:10:27 PM »
Also, my 4 year old was going to get a free season pass from the special promotion this year.  Will she still be able to get that?

You should have gotten the paper voucher that looks like a season pass/bring a friend pass. You use the number on it just like a season pass to make a reservation. You still have to take a birth certificate and the voucher to redeem it for the actual pass. The Adventure passes have also been extended through all of 2021, not just June 13th like Season Passes.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
If you need to book dates through mid-August, go check the reservation site now... you might surprised what you can book.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2020, 04:36:42 PM »
So I've been continuing to monitor the comments and reactions over on social media. Yeah I have to say the backlash has been beyond ridiculous. I've seen people literally post that they hope they go bankrupt and close over this! Sheesh it's one thing to disagree on something but really? Hoping for the park to shutter?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2020, 04:40:03 PM »
I don't understand what people expected. Regardless of mine or anyone's personal opinions, this is what SDC has to do. They have to follow the current CDC guidelines, otherwise risk multiple lawsuits and a reputation of not caring for guest safety. I don't understand the outrage or the backlash when a large corporation where thousands of guests will be milling about together, had no other choice.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2020, 08:41:04 PM »
I get the backlash but come on, hoping they go out of business?  I guess that is the society we live in today.  I bet it ends up being a very slow season this year.

scootriteby

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2020, 11:22:24 AM »
One of my season pass tickets is not working. So I try to call the number...impossible to get hold of them. It just hangs up after saying they are getting high call volume. I have tried sending an e-mail on Silver Dollar City website, but they are not responding.

Need to get this fixed as I am going up end of this week, Needless to say, but I am very unhappy with their service. >:(

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2020, 12:29:23 PM »
One of my season pass tickets is not working. So I try to call the number...impossible to get hold of them. It just hangs up after saying they are getting high call volume. I have tried sending an e-mail on Silver Dollar City website, but they are not responding.

Need to get this fixed as I am going up end of this week, Needless to say, but I am very unhappy with their service. >:(
Scott, I think you answered your problem. There are a lot of people trying to refund their season pass after the whole mask fiasco. I'm sure once you get to the city that they can fix it there, or try calling another day?

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2020, 02:54:23 PM »

Saturday and Sunday are both booked up. Might want to look at other days.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2020, 12:51:59 AM »
I don't understand what people expected. Regardless of mine or anyone's personal opinions, this is what SDC has to do. They have to follow the current CDC guidelines, otherwise risk multiple lawsuits and a reputation of not caring for guest safety. I don't understand the outrage or the backlash when a large corporation where thousands of guests will be milling about together, had no other choice.

Why would a business whose customers are purely voluntary be at more risk than the "essential" businesses that have been open the entire time, with almost no restrictions?

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2020, 08:18:51 AM »
Surely no one is expecting either sanity or logic in these matters.  It's all up to the lawyers, now.  An entire generation of them will thrive on little else but CoViD-19 cases well into the second half of this century.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2020, 10:10:50 AM »

Why would a business whose customers are purely voluntary be at more risk than the "essential" businesses that have been open the entire time, with almost no restrictions?

Because it’s an intelligent virus.  It won’t effect you at Walmart or Home Depot but will get you at a small local business.  It won’t get you at the abortion clinic but will at church.  It won’t get you at the alcohol store but definitely will at the gun store.  It won’t get you in a drive thru but definitely inside a restaurant.  It won’t get you if you are in groups of 10 or less but if you add one more you’re doomed.  It won’t get you if you are at least 6’ apart but go under that magic distance and it’ll get you. 

Look it’s a real virus and it’s effected a lot of people.  I just don’t understand what made this virus so special that we threw out all former immunology theories that we’ve learned in the past.  I’m not trying to be political but seriously how can people be so naive to not see how peculiar the actions taken this time were.  I don’t see how the WHO and CDC will ever be able to regain their credibility after this botched job.  And instead of admitting they were wrong, they keep down. 
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »
I think the game changer on this one is not having a vaccine ready yet.  The flu is nasty and does take lives but the general public is not as paranoid about it since there is a vaccine- albeit one that is not totally resistant to that year's strain- that will still provide, if not some prevention, at least a milder case of the flu.  I get the vaccine every year (they offer it at my place of employment) because I've had the full fledged flu before and take precautions to try not to get it again.
I'm Your Huckleberry

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
I think the game changer on this one is not having a vaccine ready yet.  The flu is nasty and does take lives but the general public is not as paranoid about it since there is a vaccine- albeit one that is not totally resistant to that year's strain- that will still provide, if not some prevention, at least a milder case of the flu.  I get the vaccine every year (they offer it at my place of employment) because I've had the full fledged flu before and take precautions to try not to get it again.

Even thought the flu vaccine is rarely even close to 50 percent effective.

I remember reports in Feb that the flu had kill nearly 70 in Arkansas up to that point with the March and early April peak coming. I haven't heard a single update to that since. It has been supplanted for the just over 200 Wuflu deaths. Did that number become static or has it risen? Or... did the 30 plus expected additional flu deaths become Wuflu deaths instead?

I had a hospital testing my cousin who had a bad reaction from a tick bite tested a total of 5 times  for her week and a half stay in hospital. She said it was she felt she was their stratchoff lottery ticket hoping she'd test positive for that extra money.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 11:52:46 AM by chittlins »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »
Still though it can change the public's perceptions and that seems to make a difference.
I'm Your Huckleberry

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2020, 11:55:05 AM »
Still though it can change the public's perceptions and that seems to make a difference.

Yeah, I've seen enough of " the public" this past 10 days to discount their perceptions to a value near zero.