Author Topic: OPENING JUNE 13, 2020  (Read 20206 times)

pintrader

Re: OPENING JUNE 13, 2020
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2020, 10:19:22 AM »
Looks like they are selling 4800 SDC tickets per day and 1056 WW tickets per day.
I wonder if season pass reservations are from a separate block or if they are subtracted from the number of daily tickets. Or it might also be a combination of the two.

If that is the total number on park you will have the park to your self.

Good question if season pass holders contribute to that number. I guess we will find out come the opening weekend.

I don't know about having the park to yourself since there will be a lot of things closed.  The way they are talking all the indoor theaters will not be open plus several other attractions, shops and food locations.  This will definitely increase foot traffic in the city.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 10:56:11 AM »
A couple of points/questions.  First question is, lets say they do only have a max 5k people on the park, will they run all the trains on the rides for "social distancing" or only run 1 train like they normally would on a slow Sunday.  The thing about the masks is asking for trouble.  If people are wearing disposable masks that they get rid of that is one thing.  Most people continue to reuse them or are wearing those homemade cloth mask that do nothing. These mask are collecting all sorts of contaminates that you then put on your face and inhale.  If you are taking the off for thrill rides, what are you supposed to do with them?  Stick them in a cubby and collect even more germs and contaminates.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 12:18:13 PM »
Any guesses on when people will be able to reserve more than two dates?

Right now you can only reserve two dates, but obviously we'd like to reserve more.

I completely understand the current two day limit, but wondering how long they will wait until opening it up for more reservations?  If they do keep it at two dates, they will have to refund season passes I would think?

If this has already been addressed, my apologies, please point me in the right direction.

As far as masks go, I will wear one as the park has the right to establish dress code.  However, I fully expect the mask enforcement to be a complete joke once you're in the gate, and I think most people will be good about it. I mean, if you're that afraid of the mysterious rona, you shouldn't be going to a theme park anyway.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 01:11:19 PM »
So far, the reservation system has worked well when I've tried it. However, there are a few things that I wish they would add. I'm guessing that these will be added at some point and I realize that it was just released.

• Once you have made your 2 reservations there isn't a way for you to see what the level of availability anymore. So if you are considering cancelling one reservation and switching to a different day there isn't a way to make sure that day is actually available. Phone customer service is also unable to see date availability. When I spoke to them it sounded like they were using the same online system as everyone else.

• It would be great to be able to see a list of your reservations. We made, cancelled and remade reservations yesterday as we worked through our schedule. It would be reassuring to be able to see a list of our active reservations. They also aren't sending out cancellation confirmation emails when you cancel a reservation.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 09:43:49 PM »
I feel like masks are 100% a CYA move for the park. With all of the constant removing for rides, eating, and drinking along with normal fidgeting with them because it’s hot and abnormal to wear a mask all day, there effectiveness is going to be reduced to almost nothing. I hope some more experiments will soon show the ineffectiveness and we can do away with wearing them, especially outside.

Has anyone heard what they are doing with the refil mugs and or the unlimited drink tumblers. As far as I know restaurants have all ceased letting you get drinks in your own cup and I’m curious how SDC is dealing with that.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 10:05:21 PM »
Has anyone heard what they are doing with the refil mugs and or the unlimited drink tumblers. As far as I know restaurants have all ceased letting you get drinks in your own cup and I’m curious how SDC is dealing with that.

I looked and I haven't seen anything to address them either. I have some old grandfathered ones that I have used for years which I'm not sure if I will be able to now.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2020, 12:53:12 AM »
Checking temps on people... lets see,,,  If its 90 degees outside, people ride the tram,  (hmm? tram - safe distance?).  then walk to turnstyles, wont most people be overheated and or sweating by then..??

A friend works at SIG in Exeter NH, and they do temp checks. He goes outside to smoke on his breaks, so he pegs the meter when he goes back in.

Same for my son-in-law, who is an engineer at a plastics manufacturing plant in Baltimore.

Both of them have to go sit in time-out before passing the temp check and being allowed in.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2020, 02:16:32 AM »
Looks like they aren't selling TrailBlazer passes anymore.
They are still selling 25 Super Splash Passes per day for WW.

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2020, 08:00:59 AM »
Looks like they aren't selling TrailBlazer passes anymore.
They are still selling 25 Super Splash Passes per day for WW.

I am glad to hear Trailblazers are no longer sold. They won't be needed in this time.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2020, 08:10:16 AM »

I looked and I haven't seen anything to address them either. I have some old grandfathered ones that I have used for years which I'm not sure if I will be able to now.

I suspect HFE will take this opportunity to get rid of them forever, which is a goal they have been working toward and now have a perfectly good excuse to complete.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2020, 10:16:26 AM »
Dollywood has now announced their opening on the 15th. I haven't been to Dollywood before... is it quite a bit smaller? It looks like they are only selling around 2700 tickets per day vs the 4800 that SDC is. Maybe they are placing single day tickets and season pass reservations in two different allotments?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2020, 10:33:50 AM »
^Dollywood is a bit larger than SDC at this point. They must have allotted things differently and have more pass holders.

There have been some very good points made about how the park has little choice but to enforce some of these rules to protect from lawsuits. It seems silly, but if a second wave hits and you start to see people around here personally affected it will start to make a lot more sense. Once the hospital bills stack up, insurance companies/lawyers/etc will be out for blood.

I'll be very interested to hear trip reports from the first week. I imagine it will be a bit subdued SDC experience, but still probably a lot of fun to be doing something again.

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2020, 12:10:22 PM »
Dollywood is much larger than SDC.  150 acres versus around 60.  SDC is a very small park compared to many of the heavy hitters

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2020, 01:30:39 PM »
^Both SDC and DW own a ton of land. Not sure where you are getting the 60 acres from. I think even just the walkable area inside the main gates is more than 60 acres. DW is spreading out more due to the hills they have had to work around. SDC kind of spokes out from a central hilltop whereas they have filled up a couple valleys and are now flattening areas to build more.

Perhaps they are also limiting passes at DW more because there are more cases in that area?

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2020, 02:03:49 PM »
I got it from not the most reliable source, wikipedia.  I just know from going to both that Dollywood feels much larger and has a lot more rides