Author Topic: Disney parks  (Read 4322 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Disney parks
« on: April 22, 2020, 03:01:04 PM »
I was just reading a article where one financial analys is expecting Disney parks to not reopen until 2021.

Not sure what I think about this. Just putting it out there for information or entertainment. However you take it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/when-will-disney-world-and-disneyland-reopen-one-analyst-predicts-it-may-not-be-until-2021/ar-BB130zc5?li=BBnbfcL

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Disney parks
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 01:49:51 PM »
Obviously Disney is a much larger international destination than SDC. However, I do think that every park and entertainment company in the country look to Disney for some sort of direction. Their decision in when and how to reopen their parks will have a trickle down effect in the industry. I guarantee Herschend is watching closely.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 02:21:04 PM »
I was just reading a article where one financial analys is expecting Disney parks to not reopen until 2021.

Not sure what I think about this. Just putting it out there for information or entertainment. However you take it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/when-will-disney-world-and-disneyland-reopen-one-analyst-predicts-it-may-not-be-until-2021/ar-BB130zc5?li=BBnbfcL

That’s more the California parks due to the ridiculous measures their state government is putting on everything
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 04:42:27 PM »
Have their China parks reopened yet? They were at least partially reopened as of late March. I have a feeling Orlando will start opening up by late summer unless things really hit the fan. We're getting into the phase where anyone who is at any risk will have to keep staying home, but everyone else is eventually going to have to or want to throw the dice.

Who knows about California. I could see them trying to go all year, but I understand that patience is also running out and even the most "liberal" areas will eventually have to open up.

Disney would be an easy place to catch the virus, but hell, you see how many people are crowding the public parks and beaches?

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 10:03:25 PM »
Have their China parks reopened yet? They were at least partially reopened as of late March. I have a feeling Orlando will start opening up by late summer unless things really hit the fan. We're getting into the phase where anyone who is at any risk will have to keep staying home, but everyone else is eventually going to have to or want to throw the dice.

Who knows about California. I could see them trying to go all year, but I understand that patience is also running out and even the most "liberal" areas will eventually have to open up.

Disney would be an easy place to catch the virus, but hell, you see how many people are crowding the public parks and beaches?

The "if I die, I die" step of acceptance. 

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 07:19:41 AM »
Have their China parks reopened yet?

End of last week there were reports of Shanghai Disneyland starting parade and castle light show rehearsals again. They were also testing new ticketing procedures along with new procedures for seating at the indoors theaters.

We’re tentatively planning on a September Disneyland trip. We know that it may not happen, but hope that it does.