Author Topic: Off-Season Transitions  (Read 12064 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Off-Season Transitions
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 01:48:21 PM »
^Wow, how did I miss this? That sounds truly unique and interesting. It'll be neat getting to see what's been done every time I get back to branson. 20 years to complete though? I hope they make it all the way through.

sdcforever

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 02:07:39 PM »
That is an intriguing project.  Thanks for pointing it out, tinmann! :)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 02:21:37 PM »
I've been looking at the fortress site for a half-hour now.  I may make it down to that area around the time they open.

I find it interesting that they have limited themselves to 13th Century procedures and that they are overseen by a board of scientists.  It sounds like they are wanting to do things right and approach it from a true living history point of view.  Like Steve, I hope they are able to see this thing through.  With enough special events, people with bottomless wallets, and something to draw people into that neck of the woods, maybe they will.

And being close to Dogpatch, maybe it can fuel a revival there, too.  OK, so maybe not.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »
I wish I took more pictures of the construction, yesterday, but I'll add this:  the hotel closest to the Wax Museum will be coming down...Also, if you guys haven't heard about the castle being built, as they did centuries ago, just south of Branson, check it out & the photo gallery, it's an awesome place to see in person!
http://ozarkmedievalfortress.com/en-us/

Wow!

A lot of progress has been made. Be sure to check out the photo gallery.