Author Topic: Going back to SDC  (Read 71765 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Going back to SDC
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2020, 11:07:51 AM »
I'm also thinking they are still assessing on opening with limited capacity or implementing a social distancing plan along with the logistics of using masks or gloves. Strangely enough I work at XNA and they just now implemented a mandatory gloves and mask policy inside the airport terminal. I expected that a month ago.

I just had to make a quick overnight trip last week from MHT to DAL and back via SWA.

737-700 (143 seats) with 22 passengers on the first leg (to BWI), maybe 45 on the second leg. Lots of room to spread out, especially with SWA's pick-your-own-seat policy.

There may have been 1 or 2 people without masks on the entire trip.

The first return leg of my return flight was on a 737-800, which was my first time on the newer model. Those seats are much better, with more leg room, and a tray table that's actually functional.

As for gloves? That's a silly policy. Spreading by touch happens the same with or without gloves.

I saw someone in a kayak all by themselves with a mask on, could not help but laugh.

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2020, 02:28:39 PM »
That is pretty good!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2020, 12:56:43 PM »
Silverwood theme park (Idaho) is opening May 30. Indiana Beach is opening June 26. Beaches in NY are opening Memorial day weekend. Still no word on Six Flags...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2020, 10:59:14 AM »
https://www.wbir.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dollywood-planning-reopening-as-state-allows-amusement-parks-to-reopen-next-week/51-0666ceda-691c-4a1b-8a04-039084975bae

Dollywood now getting geared up to open sometime soon. SDC is undoubtedly also working behind the scenes. The wheels are beginning to figuratively and literally move. Sounds like DW could open next month. I've been told by some people closer to the park not to expect SDC to open up before July, but we'll see.

Lot of great momentum in all regards at the moment. Still don't want to catch the virus though, and we aren't completely out of the woods yet.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2020, 11:21:13 AM »
Frontier City just announced re-opening on June 5th.

Expecting DW announcement any day now... SDC to follow. I'd place bets on either June 19 or 26.

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2020, 12:43:39 PM »
If they have to do the whole social distancing deal, can you IMAGINE the lines just to ride the tram or the train??!! My friend in NC said her school district rules are one kid per every other seat on the bus! Yikes. And then 6 feet apart in lines!!?

pintrader

« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2020, 12:45:53 PM »
I take my hat off to anyone that can successfully implement all of these health & safety protocols.  I presume SDC will be very similar to Frontier City (Six Flags) when they start to open. 

https://sixflags.com/frontiercity/plan-your-visit/safety-protocols

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2020, 12:52:49 PM »
If they have to do the whole social distancing deal, can you IMAGINE the lines just to ride the tram or the train??!! My friend in NC said her school district rules are one kid per every other seat on the bus! Yikes. And then 6 feet apart in lines!!?

1 per seat... but 1 in every row,

so really only 3 feet apart..

So? not really "social Distant"    LOL

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2020, 01:00:37 PM »

I'm three feet from you.

You're three feet from me.

That's six feet!

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2020, 01:07:52 PM »
And the train conductor is standing this close to an idiot....(takes giant 3ft step away)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2020, 04:24:31 PM »

I'm three feet from you.

You're three feet from me.

That's six feet!

LOL>.. 
right...   
3 feet from the front....
and 3 feet from the side... 6ft!!!
 LOL :o :o :o

OH!!!  MAKE THEM STOP!!!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2020, 12:25:40 PM »
Full-day Summer School begins in Joplin on Monday (no transportation provided). 

Also, the school board approved moving the calendar up by 11 days for the 2020/1 school year:  we are set to begin on August 13.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 01:23:24 PM by History Buff »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2020, 01:39:18 PM »

Also, the school board approved moving the calendar up by 11 days for the 2020/1 school year:  we are set to begin on August 13.

Gross.  Why would they move it forward?  So do you get out 11 days earlier now for Summer?
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2020, 01:51:35 PM »

Gross.  Why would they move it forward?  So do you get out 11 days earlier now for Summer?

From the superintendent: 

"You will notice that this new calendar gives us the opportunity to engage our students earlier in their learning process, more instructional days within the first semester in order to balance the days, increases our flexibility to adapt in case of a potential winter COVID-19 spike and perhaps even gives us an earlier dismissal in May."