Author Topic: Branson these days  (Read 4628 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Branson these days
« on: April 07, 2020, 07:13:00 PM »
Has anyone been to Branson since the outbreak?  Is it a ghost town?  Anything even open over there right now?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Branson these days
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 07:29:59 PM »
Restaraunts for carry out only of course..  grocery stores and gas stations..   LOL>..   Nothing fun..,,  Havet been since Feb...   March and April trips both cancelled and really looks iike Memorial day will be a no go also;;

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 08:49:52 PM »
If you do decide to go, for the love of Buddha don’t post about it online.  The Karens of the World have made it their sole purpose in life to seek out violators and make them pay in their never ending SJW march across the internet
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:41:44 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 08:07:54 AM »
Karens?

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 11:43:59 AM »
Karens?

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?
Karen is a mocking slang term for an entitled, obnoxious, middle-aged white woman. Especially as featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being a nagging, often divorced mother from Generation X.

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »
We went this weekend for a from-the-car visit with family and a lakeside picnic. Hardly any traffic on the strip. Fast food drive-thrus were open, but we didn't notice that many sit down restaurants open -- if they were, they weren't visibly advertising they were open for carry-out. Maybe a missed opportunity there, but probably not a whole lot of demand for carry-out food from restaurants that normally cater to tourists in a town of ~13,000. We would have avoided the Landing entirely, but did a quick walk-through in search of an open bathroom (while observing social distancing guidelines). No luck. No restaurants or shops were open with the exception of at least one of the restaurants (Cold Stone of all places) in the new strip of stores on the North end of the Landing. Bass Pro had pulled all of their outdoor display units so that courtyard was bare.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 01:45:11 PM »
Karens?

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?
Karen is a mocking slang term for an entitled, obnoxious, middle-aged white woman. Especially as featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being a nagging, often divorced mother from Generation X.

The most famous “KAREN” is Kate Gosselin from John & Kate plus 8
The most famous to rock the Bob haircut
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 11:08:38 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 05:52:41 PM »
That is kind of how I figured it would be.  Was just curious if some of the restaurants and/or attractions might be trying to operate in some sort of fashion.  It is going to be a rough year for folks over there.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 08:41:51 AM »
Karens?

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

The most famous “KAREN” is Kate Gosselin from John & Kate plus 8
The most famous

Ah!  Thanks for the education!  I suspected something like that form context, but I hate to assume.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 11:22:59 AM »
Traffic is much lighter.  Other than carry out, there's not much open.  College of the Ozarks, Big Cedar, and a lot of the marinas are closed.  Dogwood Canyon is open, except the restaurant is carry out only.  If you're going to Dogwood, note that you must bypass the ticket booth and go into the General Store for tickets or to scan your annual pass - not worth it to go in the store IMO. Box stores, like Walmart, Lowes, Menards are jammed.  If you get sick and need a doctor, you won't be allowed in the clinic; med staff will come to the car and you may be directed to a tent.  Keep that in mind.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 03:31:27 PM »
I don't live in Hollister anymore, but I'm up in Ozark these days, but my parents still do. They obviously haven't been out much but they've done a couple of drives down 76 during this period. They, along with former coworkers of mine in Branson, say they've never seen the area this deserted, even during January/February. Obviously the big box stores are still open, operating under restrictions, and what restaurants that are open are only drive thru or carryout.

The longer that this goes on, the more that the area is going to be majorly financially hurt. KY3 recently ran a story about how a lot of the extended stays that haven't been shut down are starting to evict tenants because nobody is working. I guess that's allowed because the rules for them are different than for apartments, condos, etc.

I've seen a few pictures around Facebook and from KY3 showing how empty Branson is. I wish people here would understand what shelter in place means.