Author Topic: Starbucks in the park?  (Read 12402 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Starbucks in the park?
« on: March 29, 2020, 11:38:31 AM »
I read on another site that Starbucks was coming to the park offering only hot and iced coffee.  I don't really believe, but anyone else have info?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Starbucks in the park?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 02:40:51 PM »
Sounds good to me. The coffee at SDC is aweful. Do it in a way that compliments the theme. There used to be Kodak signs plastered all over the place.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 07:02:27 PM »
There are two in the park this year.  One at Sullivan’s Mill and the other at the new Bread Store in Rivertown
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 08:00:45 AM »
Thats too bad,

been nice to see a local coffee shop go in instead another money hungry business. especially one with questionable customer relations and political views.. ::) ::)

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 11:58:19 AM »
questionable political views depends on which side you are on.

I personally don't drink much coffee but bringing politics into a coffee discussion seems a bit much

JustGoHogs

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 12:22:58 PM »
I do drink coffee but never Starbucks because their principles/values and mine are not compatible.  I don't see them being a good fit for Silver Dollar City.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 12:37:00 PM »
I do drink coffee but never Starbucks because their principles/values and mine are not compatible.  I don't see them being a good fit for Silver Dollar City.

Agreed!!

I am sure they will do just fine business wise..
There are enough of the younger generation(s) going to the park, that will either buy from Starbucks because it is the "thing" to do...  Or buy from them because they dont care about Starbuck's views and policies..

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 01:47:39 PM »
I guess I don't let things I read on the internet affect me that much. As Sister Gabriel would say "that's their sin, not mine". If their product is good and their service is good, I will go to their company. I do look for things like "We support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Wounded Warrior, etc." and given the choice I may go to one of those establishments over another, however I don't bash or hate on anyone just because Carole Baskin tells me to.

Anyhow, I'll get my lunch from Chick-fil-a, on my way to Hobby Lobby, listening to Toby Keith and the Dixie Chicks, all while drinking a Latte from Starbucks.

Life is too short! Take the trip, buy the shoes, eat the cake.

Jay

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 02:31:41 PM »
Just hoping eventually they go to a full menu. A great espresso at christmas time. Yep , I can vision it now.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 02:34:43 PM »
Thats too bad,

been nice to see a local coffee shop go in instead another money hungry business. especially one with questionable customer relations and political views.. ::) ::)

Depends on what side you are on I guess.  Herschend in my view is a money hungry business that does not express my political views but I enjoy the product they provide so I overlook it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 03:32:29 PM »

Anyhow, I'll get my lunch from Chick-fil-a, on my way to Hobby Lobby, listening to Toby Keith and the Dixie Chicks, all while drinking a Latte from Starbucks.

LMAO!!! 
Your a funny funny man!!   
Almost got all of them in 1 hit!!! ;D ;D ;D

JustGoHogs

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 05:13:26 PM »
"...however I don't bash or hate on anyone just because Carole Baskin tells me to..."

I have no idea who Carole Baskin is so she's not involved in my disdain for Starbucks.  However, when the chain owner says '...don't come in my stores if you're a conceal carry person...' (I'm not, for the record) then I'm done with them.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 06:04:26 PM »

I have no idea who Carole Baskin is so she's not involved in my disdain for Starbucks.

Go watch Tiger King on Netflix - you won't be disappointed. And yes, I think she killed her husband and fed him to the tigers.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 06:38:59 PM »
Name a major corporation that doesn't have "questionable political views". They are all dirty in their own ways. Starbucks catches a lot of flak from the type of people that go looking to be offended anyway.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Starbucks being added for the obvious theme clashes. Somehow I don't think Starbucks is going to cover their stuff up in decorative wood or use theme-appropriate signage. Coke is bad enough, but at least they try to theme it up a little bit. It's going to be another garish brand that again takes away from whatever is left of SDC's unique charm. Not a huge deal by itself, but again, it's all the little things that add up.

The mill is a special place at SDC. It is a real working grain mill that they actually use to produce products you can buy in the store such as the funnel cake mix. That is the old SDC that people used to come for.

Hopefully it's just a couple coffee machines.

pintrader

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 06:57:16 PM »
I would have thought it would have been a better fit in Eva & Delilah's Bakery instead of Sullivan's Mill.  Everyone has to pass it and lured in by the smell of the bakery early in the morning would have produced a lot more sales.

It would have also kept the charm of the mill intact.