Author Topic: Toboggan ride  (Read 3506 times)

mrcyclone

• View Profile
Toboggan ride
« on: February 24, 2020, 11:51:39 AM »
Has anyone thought about turning the old toboggan ride tower into a zip line ride? Zip lines are very popular now and i know i would love flying over SDC!  i also believe the fire in the hole and American Plunge need to be redone or remodeled but not removed.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Toboggan ride
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 08:34:29 PM »
Yup, it's been discussed occasionally on here. Would be fun, but they tried the Zipline thing at DW and apparently had mixed results. Too much trouble/liability for what it is worth I think. They cost a lot to maintain and staff.

mrcyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 02:25:28 PM »
i kinda figured that.  What about a super slide?  Maybe just straight down or with some bunny hills.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 03:23:56 PM »
It would be a upcharge attraction.that does not play well with SDC demographics. Kinda six flags the place up a little.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 11:56:41 PM »
I still think the best thing for it is to use it as part of a small footprint family/thrill coaster. Though with that new pathway they added for Pumpkin Nights it might make that idea more difficult to implement now.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 02:55:04 PM »
I wouldn't be opposed to one of those Euro-Fighter coasters using the tower for theming for its drop. My friends and I rode Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia and.... WOW. It was the most fun, most SMOOTH coaster I've ever been on.

And it wouldn't be hard to theme it to something like bats diving into a cave or dare devils doing stunts - tie it into the Ozark dare devil society or whatever it is that is the theme at American Plunge.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 11:45:00 PM »
So close AP and move the Ozark dare devil society over there.....

I like it. Don't know that bats are real popular at the moment.

BTW, I've had more than one fly into my face in the cave.

Contrary to popular opinion, they do not taste like chicken. (Not even sure I should tell that joke anymore....It's in poor taste)