Author Topic: Merchandise Boxes  (Read 2685 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Merchandise Boxes
« on: February 27, 2020, 02:42:50 PM »
Looks like SDC is selling a commemorative box of merchandise for the 60th. According to the website there will be another release later in the year. Sure wish there were pictures. Nothing really strikes me as anything extraordinary though so I am going to pas on it.
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Shopping/2020-Merchandise-Boxes

Tawny71

• View Profile
Re: Merchandise Boxes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 07:07:30 AM »
I’ve never been on opening day. Is it usually crazy busy? I’m assuming no, since it’s a Tuesday, right?  I’d love feedback on what attendance has been like on opening day in the past, as I don’t want to make the 2 hour drive there just to deal with a madhouse.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 09:06:32 AM »
I’ve never been on opening day. Is it usually crazy busy? I’m assuming no, since it’s a Tuesday, right?  I’d love feedback on what attendance has been like on opening day in the past, as I don’t want to make the 2 hour drive there just to deal with a madhouse.

attendence wont be too bad.. 
it is spring break, 
but mom and dad still have to work/ 
I would guess 5- 8,000 people maybe., IF the weather is nice, and it is supposed to be a nice week..
The days will get busier as the week progesses to the weekend

Have a good visit.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 12:16:13 AM »
I was on park for several opening days, maybe 3 or 4 between 2011-2017. It wasn't too bad except for the year Outlaw Run opened. Man, I had NEVER seen such a crowd. The line for the coaster went from the ride all the way up to the town square area. Totally crazy! I just walked down to the front of the ride that day to see what it looked like and met Terry Wayne Sanders there who was working crowd control. We had a nice chat and caught up, but a short visit, because it was a full house down there.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"