Author Topic: Opening Day 2020.  (Read 7259 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Opening Day 2020.
« on: February 23, 2020, 10:00:35 AM »
Ok guys and gals...   Who is planning on going opening day so we can get picture updates of changes in the park during the off season? 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
Re: Opening Day 2020.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 11:27:30 AM »
I had originally planned to visit on opening day, but i couldn't get time off from work until April (gotta love working in retail). While ill miss seeing the changes in the park for the season firsthand, ill atleast get to visit during the Festival of Wonder. In all my years of visiting the City, i haven't been in April. At least I'll be able to check that out!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 01:14:53 PM »
We’ll be there Opening Weekend on Saturday
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 09:22:42 PM »
As of now I am planning on running up there opening day.

missouripapa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 06:09:07 AM »
I’ll be there with assorted granddaughters

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 08:41:32 PM »
I'm debating whether or not I want to be there for opening weekend or hold off just a bit for festival of Wonder. I'm just far enough away that it's a pain to go back and forth. I'm definitely leaning towards opening weekend though.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 07:30:20 PM »
Who knows? The Lottery Ghods know!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 03:34:26 AM »
I am shooting for Weds the 18th since I got a new job that demands weekends. We shall see. Looking forward to going back as I couldn't make it back out at all since last October.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 10:18:31 AM »
I don't think we'll get down there until sometime in April. My family likes the shops just as much as the rides and they don't seem to have as much fun when most places are closed.

Jay

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 08:34:30 AM »
I don't think we'll get down there until sometime in April. My family likes the shops just as much as the rides and they don't seem to have as much fun when most places are closed.

Jay

Looks like all the shops are open this year on opening day.   https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Shopping
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 06:53:24 PM »
Bad Mexican Beer Virus gonna kill us all before the park opens.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 09:45:44 PM »
Bad Mexican Beer Virus gonna kill us all before the park opens.

HEY!!! 
DONT blame it on the mexican beer,!!!! 
remember the Chinese named the virus..

I Drink Corona, and havent caught their stupid disease yet!!

:D :D :o :o 8) 8)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
Looks like all the shops are open this year on opening day.   https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Shopping

Awesome! Well that might change things! So glad they decided to open the shops earlier this year!

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2020, 02:34:03 PM »
checking the scheduling of the eateries and shopping.. it does appear that "all" places will be open on the 17th,  open all year, and last day will be january 1st..

Question #1.   When did the change the schedule? I thought they gave up on NYE day and NY day, becasue of low traffic...??

Question #2.    The Schedule shows they are going to be open not only on NY day (a friday),  BUT onen on Jan. 2nd. (a sat)..     SO!!!???  IF they are scheduled to be open on sat,  WHY would they schedule all the food joints and shops to be closed on SAT>??

Misprint?   Whats right> wrong,..

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 09:34:45 AM »
checking the scheduling of the eateries and shopping.. it does appear that "all" places will be open on the 17th,  open all year, and last day will be january 1st..

Question #1.   When did the change the schedule? I thought they gave up on NYE day and NY day, becasue of low traffic...??

Question #2.    The Schedule shows they are going to be open not only on NY day (a friday),  BUT onen on Jan. 2nd. (a sat)..     SO!!!???  IF they are scheduled to be open on sat,  WHY would they schedule all the food joints and shops to be closed on SAT>??

Misprint?   Whats right> wrong,..

They added the dates after NYE and day this year. Earlier in the year they said that they were waiting to decide and would add them later. They are listed on the calendar on the website as the 1st and 2nd.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/-/media/Files/HFE/SDC_COM/Calendars/2020/Rev-SDC-2020-calendar.pdf?la=en

I’m guessing that the shop and food dates aren’t updated yet.