Author Topic: No season pass this year...  (Read 3207 times)

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
No season pass this year...
« on: February 04, 2020, 06:11:37 PM »
For the first time in 20+ years, I won't be buying a season pass this year. It has nothing to do with changes or anything like a lot of people have said... I've taken a job where I will be moving to London in the next couple months. And I will probably finish my career/life there as the position I am moving into is set that way.

It is very bittersweet... This job has been in progress since October and finally was locked down last week. When I went to SDC just before Christmas, I knew it would probably be my last time there. And not being able to just run down there whenever I had time is going to feel strange.

Yes, many new adventures await in London (and Paris and Berlin and Istanbul, etc.), but SDC has been a part of my life since I was a kid in the 70's. And since moving to Springfield in 2016, it has been a constant place I could go when I needed to get away for a bit without spending much money. And I could sit and write or listen or play. It is strange seeing all of the ads and updates and knowing I won't be a part of it. It is like a piece of my life is leaving...

Silly nostalgia... but lots of smiles and memories. Just kind of feeling it today as I started the journey towards London yesterday by starting with the US division again before transferring.

Funny how life is sometimes

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: No season pass this year...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 06:16:39 PM »
Cheap flights to Cologne out of Stansted for Phantasialand!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 07:55:53 PM »
Wish you the best on your new adventures in the next stage of your life. Hope you will still check in here occasionally.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 08:31:09 PM »
Well Congrats!!  And Good Luck!!

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 11:17:19 AM »
Now you're a hell of a lot closer to Phantasialand, Energylandia, Europa Park, Gardaland, etc. haha

Congrats on the job and best of luck!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 08:24:39 PM »
Now you're a hell of a lot closer to Phantasialand, Energylandia, Europa Park, Gardaland, etc. haha

Congrats on the job and best of luck!

There are incredible clusters of parks in Europe.

If you.are at Europa,.it isn't hard to.get to Expedition GeeForce.

There's  direct Chunnel Train right tonthe front gates of DisneyLand Paris from St. Pacreas , from there you can get to Strasbourg,rent a car and it's 40 minutes to Europa or take regional train and a short bus ride. 

I'm already plotting and planning another trip. American has r/ts with points for 34k to several places in Europe.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 09:16:11 PM »
Congratulations on your dream move. I made mine, knowing I would probably never go back to SDC, and I only moved to New Hampshire.