Author Topic: 🎢 🎠 Next Silver Dollar City Ride to Go? What Classic Attraction Could Be Repla  (Read 5549 times)

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
🎢 🎠 Next Silver Dollar City Ride to Go? What Classic Attraction Could Be Replaced?

WATCH HERE: https://youtu.be/D6Fo9WfTuJ8

Mystic River Falls is replacing fan favorite Lost River of the Ozarks in 2020. Lost River of the Ozarks replaced an all time favorite, Rube Duggan's Diving Bell. Is it possible a classic Silver Dollar City ride or attraction could go next...and very soon?

Seemingly untouchable, classic rides and attractions have been replaced at Silver Dollar City before, and it's sure to happen again. John reveals five attractions that could go next and offers some exciting ideas for what could replace them.

» The Flooded Mine?
» The American Plunge?
» The Steam Train?
» Fire In The Hole?
» Grandfather's Mansion?

#silverdollarcity #mysticriverfalls #rides #branson #travel #vacation

Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Although I don't visit the park enough to notice it myself, from the talk I've noticed here it would seem like Fire in the Hole would be the next major ride to make a departure.

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
Being an old float trip fan, I've never liked the plunge, to begin with. Having confessed to that, The plunger is a sad ghost of its past. The cave is now just a concrete culvert, and the whole thing just looks tired and rundown. with a big drop on Mystic River, this is going to seem dull in comparison.
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Being an old float trip fan, I've never liked the plunge, to begin with. Having confessed to that, The plunger is a sad ghost of its past. The cave is now just a concrete culvert, and the whole thing just looks tired and rundown. with a big drop on Mystic River, this is going to seem dull in comparison.

I really can't believe she's still standing there and hasn't been upgraded.  I haven't thought much of it in many years.  I suppose the ride I remember is the old float trip, but I was only a kid when it changed.  Now, the storytelling is completely gone.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
I find it unlikely that the train would go:  they've spent too much money on it recently.

As for replacing it, absolutely nothing conceived in this day and age could replace it.  Anything new would only take up the same space.

I'm much more worried about the FM.  It was degraded long ago by the change in the scenes and the addition of the guns.  They don't seem to be spending any money on it.  Yet it retains some of the original feel.

No replacement would have that feel.

If you take those two away, you might as well rename the place 6 Flags over the Ozarks and stop kidding the guests.

SterlingSilver

• View Profile
Nice video! It's definitely got me thinking a LOT. (like.........SO many thoughts).

Flooded Mine, Fire-in-the-Hole, and American Plunge are some of the few remaining rides at the park which retain the original campy, hillbilly style that SDC used to be full of. Taking those rides out, as they are the most likely to do, would really move the park into a new image to the public, and that's definitely what the park is doing-- not that this change is bad, in fact, if SDC were to stay in that old style, the overall quality of the park would fall behind. Think AP, they have made no changes to that ride in years, and now it is dilapidated, boring, and honestly very dislikable (and really... I'm glad this poor ride's age is becoming a topic of conversation, I do believe it Needs to Go).

The addition of big, new rides (MRF, OR and TT) whose stories are generally meant to be taken seriously and even have morals to them, this seems to be the new image/style the park is going for. And... I really like it. It keeps the park relevant and exciting and popular while still being family-oriented and maintaining that pretty simple old-timey feel (even if rides like TT breaks theme a little bit, Uhh). If the old rides have to go, I'll miss them most of them but I understand that it's their time-- well past their time. Whatever rides they do take, I personally think it'd be cute to have little callbacks to them in some of the decorations around the park or in queue line/loading dock areas of new rides.

On that note, I'm sure they're keeping the train around, but will surely change it eventually. I hope, however, that they at least keep this simple and charming. Something jarringly high tech in the middle of the woods on this old-fashioned steam train just.. Wouldn't feel right.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
It'll never happen but if they went all out and came up with a new flume on the level of Chiapas I would be overjoyed. That is an awesome log flume. The 4 times I rode it were awesome.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
^^ Though I certainly agree the AP needs some upgrading/loving care I respectfully disagree that it has become very dislikeable- in general anyway.  We rode it quite a few times last summer and there was always a long wait.  It gets us wetter overall than any other ride we've been on in the park and never fails in this regard. 
I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Mentioned it a bit in another post on here but I could see this being a replacement option for either FM or AP in the future https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJQoR8YiLLE

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Mentioned it a bit in another post on here but I could see this being a replacement option for either FM or AP in the future https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJQoR8YiLLE

Oh man I could really see modern day Flooded Mine with that.

I've seen the video if the new power splash that's basically a shuttle loop too. Mack doing work.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Nice video! It's definitely got me thinking a LOT. (like.........SO many thoughts).

Flooded Mine, Fire-in-the-Hole, and American Plunge are some of the few remaining rides at the park which retain the original campy, hillbilly style that SDC used to be full of. Taking those rides out, as they are the most likely to do, would really move the park into a new image to the public, and that's definitely what the park is doing-- not that this change is bad, in fact, if SDC were to stay in that old style, the overall quality of the park would fall behind. Think AP, they have made no changes to that ride in years, and now it is dilapidated, boring, and honestly very dislikable (and really... I'm glad this poor ride's age is becoming a topic of conversation, I do believe it Needs to Go).

Welcome to the site by the way!

The addition of big, new rides (MRF, OR and TT) whose stories are generally meant to be taken seriously and even have morals to them, this seems to be the new image/style the park is going for. And... I really like it. It keeps the park relevant and exciting and popular while still being family-oriented and maintaining that pretty simple old-timey feel (even if rides like TT breaks theme a little bit, Uhh). If the old rides have to go, I'll miss them most of them but I understand that it's their time-- well past their time. Whatever rides they do take, I personally think it'd be cute to have little callbacks to them in some of the decorations around the park or in queue line/loading dock areas of new rides.

On that note, I'm sure they're keeping the train around, but will surely change it eventually. I hope, however, that they at least keep this simple and charming. Something jarringly high tech in the middle of the woods on this old-fashioned steam train just.. Wouldn't feel right.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
🎢 🎠 Next Silver Dollar City Ride to Go? What Classic Attraction Could Be Replaced?

WATCH HERE: https://youtu.be/D6Fo9WfTuJ8

Mystic River Falls is replacing fan favorite Lost River of the Ozarks in 2020. Lost River of the Ozarks replaced an all time favorite, Rube Duggan's Diving Bell. Is it possible a classic Silver Dollar City ride or attraction could go next...and very soon?

Seemingly untouchable, classic rides and attractions have been replaced at Silver Dollar City before, and it's sure to happen again. John reveals five attractions that could go next and offers some exciting ideas for what could replace them.

» The Flooded Mine?
» The American Plunge?
» The Steam Train?
» Fire In The Hole?
» Grandfather's Mansion?

#silverdollarcity #mysticriverfalls #rides #branson #travel #vacation

What good does this speculation do but make it seem like its just fine and dandy to take great stuff out of the park?
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Because it’s click bait to drive traffic to his videos. 
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Because it’s click bait to drive traffic to his videos.

Please remind me to not watch videos in the future that I have to sit thru a commercial every couple of minutes.  I honestly can't believe I did that.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com

What good does this speculation do but make it seem like its just fine and dandy to take great stuff out of the park?

lol, this site was founded on speculation. This very topic has been picked over for over a decade on these boards.

I always thought Grandfather's Mansion would be gone by now, for the same reasons the Treehouse was removed. No ADA access, huge liability, difficult to manage crowds, and not really that impressive unless you grew up with it being one of the park's prime attractions, lol.