Author Topic: Trailblazer pass  (Read 4370 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Trailblazer pass
« on: January 30, 2020, 08:13:00 AM »
Would I be correct in assuming that the trailblazer pass this year will not work on the new river ride?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazer pass
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 08:53:54 AM »
Per website.....

"""Valid for 1 (one) ride per day on the new Mystic River Falls (opening summer 2020). """"

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 09:27:17 PM »
How do they keep track of your one use per day?  I had just about decided I was going to skip a year but then decided I had to check out the new ride.  I made an impulse purchase and went all in and got the trailblazer pass too.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 07:06:03 AM »
How do they keep track of your one use per day?  I had just about decided I was going to skip a year but then decided I had to check out the new ride.  I made an impulse purchase and went all in and got the trailblazer pass too.

Do they "scan" the pass upon entry?  if so that is how they will monitor trips.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 08:39:01 AM »
You have to check in each time to get your lanyard for the day.  It gets dated and checked each time you ride.  If it’s not an ultimate, you get your pass hole punched until you’ve used up your skips for the day.  For the ultimate you will get hole punched at MRF on your one skip. 
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 08:51:07 PM »
So you you have to go to guest services to get the pass every trip?  I just assumed the lanyard came with your pass in the mail.

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 10:28:10 AM »
Speaking of passes....

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Tickets/Diamond-Membership

This seemed interesting? But why just for Tulsa families?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 12:28:31 PM »
When something new like that is only available in a certain area, I'd say it's probably being tested before offering it nationwide.

And omg, I would SO get that... Well... One thing I'd change on it or make an option of either/or is I'm not interested in White Water, so unlimited visits there don't appeal to me.... So give me an option to have unlimited visits to Dollywood in place of WW.

Like, seriously, I REALLY want Herschend to come out with a SDC/DW combo pass. It'd be very nice and my friends and I would use it a LOT. We got Six Flags memberships this last year because we were in both the Chicago area and the Atlanta area during the same road trip, so we were able to go to both local Six Flags parks and already basically got our money's worth.

We live in Missouri, but do a lot of traveling, often through Tennessee, so a SDC/DW pass would be used a LOT.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 07:22:51 PM »
When something new like that is only available in a certain area, I'd say it's probably being tested before offering it nationwide.

And omg, I would SO get that... Well... One thing I'd change on it or make an option of either/or is I'm not interested in White Water, so unlimited visits there don't appeal to me.... So give me an option to have unlimited visits to Dollywood in place of WW.

This offer is all about keeping regional visitors in the region, so Tulsa to Branson with SDC/WW serves that goal better than offering them DW or any of the other properties.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 10:30:28 PM »
I was really on the fence about getting that diamond pass but decided going to Incredible Pizza every month was not something I really needed