Author Topic: 2020 Daily Attendance...  (Read 3909 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
2020 Daily Attendance...
« on: January 09, 2020, 09:25:55 AM »
With only about 68 days to go for The New Season.. 

Weather and School will for sure affect the numbers this spring..

Stay warm for now..!! 

Make you plans, get your reservations in early..!

and most important, Be Safe.

missouripapa

• View Profile
Re: 2020 Daily Attendance...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »
I’ll be there opening day with granddaughters. This past season we went the first day, the last day, and 14 times in between. A pleasant, wholesome place to take family. Since 3 of them have military dads, we make a point to see the opening ceremony.

pintrader

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 07:13:24 PM »
Heard last night that SDC had a record setting attendance for 2019 of 2.2 million visitors.  I would say that 2020 is a pretty safe bet to set another record the way things are looking.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 07:56:44 PM »
That is very surprising considering how dead the park was over much of the summer. It really seems like everyone visits the park at specific times. It's pretty much Christmas, Moonlight madness, special events such as YCW, and now Pumpkins nights. If there's nothing going on, you can have the place to yourself.

pintrader

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 10:27:59 PM »
It really seems like they made up a lot of ground between Pumpkin Nights and the end of the year.  The other festivals are still solid, but like you say they have their slow times.   Next year Mystic River should fill those slower summer days in pretty well and  I would predict a really big year in attendance.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 08:38:19 AM »
With the New Mystic Rivers,
The Boardwalk all new and Revamped,
New RibHouse,
The expanded Pumpkin nights next year,  (well this year),
More Arts and Crafts (as there should be)
Cowboy attractions coming back,

No reason for it not to be a record year!  It will be a good year.!

pintrader

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 09:01:10 AM »
I don't believe we will see any of the Herschend family in the unemployment line anytime soon  :)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »
That is very surprising considering how dead the park was over much of the summer. It really seems like everyone visits the park at specific times. It's pretty much Christmas, Moonlight madness, special events such as YCW, and now Pumpkins nights. If there's nothing going on, you can have the place to yourself.

Star Spangled Summer is one of the least enthusiastic festivals they have.  That one really needs work.  Not that it's a bad thing for visitors to have a less crowded park but it would be nice for them to put some more effort in to get their summer numbers up some.
I'm Your Huckleberry