Author Topic: Your Travels Thread (2020)  (Read 23074 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Your Travels Thread (2020)
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2020, 10:35:03 PM »

You seriously were in Fulton and didn’t tell me.  I live in Jeff City and I teach at a school just outside of Fulton on Rt C
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2020, 10:53:26 PM »
^I knew you were in Jefferson City.  We were actually there in February.  I'll have to let you know next time we're in the area.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2020, 01:03:13 AM »
Hutchinson, Kansas:  First Report
Strataca Salt Mine

https://hoggatteer.weebly.com/homeroom/a-visit-to-strataca-salt-mine

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2020, 06:58:52 AM »
@ HistoryBuff..      Great pics, loves your review, I have never been and its 2 only 2 hours away...

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2020, 12:39:36 AM »
Hutchinson, Kansas:  Second Report
Underground Vaults and Storage
https://hoggatteer.weebly.com/homeroom/a-visit-to-underground-vaults-storage

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2020, 01:58:43 PM »
Went to the park yesterday for the first night of Moonlight Madness, here is my write-up...

This was my first trip to any amusement park this year, and boy was it awesome. Silver Dollar City is by far my favorite park, so I was holding it to high expectations coming in this year.

Coming in, there was a tent where you had your temperature taken and where you had to answer a couple questions regarding health. Super easy, took like 5 seconds and we were through.

Social distancing was questionable throughout the whole park. While there were markers in the lines and a message being played over the park speakers every couple of minutes, hardly anyone actually followed the 6 foot rule. Mask wearing was pretty decent honestly. I'd say about 80% of all people I saw were wearing their masks correctly. Ride-ops were doing there part in making sure everyone was wearing them, and calling out people who weren't. I was very impressed. Trains were cleaned and cycled through empty every hour on the hour. If someone's mask was off or below their nose when the train came back into the station, a ride-op would spray and wipe down said guests seat. Ride-ops would give everyone hand-sanitizer as they approached the gates in the station. There would also be hand sanitizer at the exit of every ride, any doorway of any restaurant or shop, as well as at the entry to rides, various points in the queue line, and multiple spots in the park. Basically, no reason to not have your hands clean.

As for my day in particular, it was great. Rode everything I wanted to, was able to eat comfortably (Cinnamon Bread was the bomb as always, and the Riverfront Smokehouse was surprisingly good), and took breaks comfortably when needed. Now for the ride breakdown...

MYSTIC RIVER FALLS (x2)

This was the main event for me today. Was super pumped to get to ride this. When the chains dropped, I raced to this ride only to find out it was closed with no estimated time on when it would open. I was a little dissapointed. But it did end up opening around noon. The wait was about an hour or so which was about what I was expecting. Riding it was so exhilerating. The perfect amount of speed, intensity, splashy-ness, and thrill. It definitely met my expectations and then some. I rode it again at night (see pic above), and it was just as good, even better with its amazing light package. Such an awesome addition to the park, and it will definitely be the favorite for years to come.

TIME TRAVELLER (x2)

It was running two trains which was great. My favorite coaster in the park. Got to ride in the back car which makes for the best experience. The airtime you get going over the first drop is SUSTAINED ejector, which is the absolute best airtime moment i have ever experienced. Recommend that spot for everyone.

OUTLAW RUN (x1)

What used to be my favorite in the park, has dwindled a little bit for me. The last couple of times I have ridden it, it has been noticeably rougher. Its still very enjoyable, but it gives me a bit of a headache now when i get off of it. Was running only one train.

WILDFIRE (x3)

So smooth. I have yet to notice the rattle everyone says this coaster has. Rode in the front row all 3 times. Not only do I ride it for the thrill, but also for the fantastic views it gives. And as an extra plus, it was running two trains.

POWDER KEG (x1)

They were only running one train on this which made for lines to get to over an hour long. Seriously don't get why they do that. Ride was great though, has held up fantastically over the years.

THUNDERATION (x1)

Rode it once only because I had to ride every coaster at least one time. Its like a rule for me haha. This ride has gotten super rough recently. Really hope they give it some love over an off-season sometime soon.

Overall, 10/10 day at the park. Love every minute i am able to get down in the city. Rode all 3 water rides (American Plunge, Tom & Hucks River Blast, Mystic River Falls/Lost River of the Ozarks) in a single day for the first time ever! Got soaked but it was a hot day so it was needed and refreshing. Really hope I am able to go down again this year, but i may just have to wait until next. Until next time!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2020, 04:50:52 PM »
^ Great review!
I'm Your Huckleberry

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2020, 10:55:09 PM »
Are they at least theming the hand sanitizer as a sample of moonshine?

The citizens from back when would have had a blast with that!

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2020, 09:59:22 AM »

Haha, while that would be cool, no they aren't. They are just plain Members Mark (Sam's Club) brand bottles in metal holsters, with a message above saying to help stop the spread of germs and respiratory diseases.

pintrader

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2020, 10:56:23 AM »

I think I have heard somewhere by drinking sanitizer that it would clean the body out   :o

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2020, 12:14:19 AM »

I think I have heard somewhere by drinking sanitizer that it would clean the body out   :o

Drinking the methanol-tainted varieties would clean out the gene pool.

kuldeep

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2020, 02:43:33 AM »
I don't think there is going to be any plans this year. I can not take part now in discussion, I'm crying inside. 2020 is the disastrous year for every one of us, its been 7 months already i can't see any big changes in the near future.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2020, 12:20:05 AM »

History Buff