Author Topic: Best Dates for Christmas Visit  (Read 3188 times)

Silverfan

• View Profile
Best Dates for Christmas Visit
« on: October 07, 2019, 10:48:03 AM »
What are the projected best dates to visit for Christmas this year in terms of lowest crowds?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Best Dates for Christmas Visit
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 06:31:47 PM »
What are the projected best dates to visit for Christmas this year in terms of lowest crowds?

The later in the season the busier it gets.  The first weekend will be the least busy
SWOOSH

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 10:45:10 AM »

I have gone on the night before Thanksgiving for years and years. It used to be pretty slow, but in the last 10 or so years the crowds have jumped up. I still always see a noticeable drop in crowds after around dinnertime on that night though.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 11:49:39 AM »
One of our favorite trips was a Sunday night last year when it was really cold. It was a ghost town in the park that night as we could go 5-10 minutes walking in the park without seeing a single other person.
This is a great strategy if you want to make a trip just to see the lights and ride the train, but remember that most rides will be closed in really cold weather.

JustGoHogs

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 02:47:05 PM »
don't forget about after Christmas day.  Silver Dollar City is open on both New Years Eve and New Years Day.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 08:19:11 PM »
We are going Sunday, November 3 and Saturday, November 16. I hate going on a Saturday, but we have company coming and that’s the only full day we will be there.