Author Topic: Fire In The Hole Bump  (Read 10448 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Fire In The Hole Bump
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 10:34:26 PM »
He also said that they recognize that many people view FITH as essential to the park.

When he said essential do you think he meant the ride itself or the history connected to the ride, or both?

I think he meant the ride itself.  We both discussed how many people really don't know the story behind the ride.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »
That's a very good point. I didn't really know the full story of FitH until I bought the Story of Silver Dollar City book by Crystal Payton. I can see where the general public would only have a very general idea of the ride's story (a town being burned down). Maybe in a new version of FitH, they could have story signs in the queue or something.

Buddyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 09:44:16 AM »
I went on fire in hole last Saturday.  Last drop feel like car broke the wheel off :-\

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 11:26:57 AM »
He also said that they recognize that many people view FITH as essential to the park.

When he said essential do you think he meant the ride itself or the history connected to the ride, or both?

I think he meant the ride itself.  We both discussed how many people really don't know the story behind the ride.

I would wager he was referring more to the spirit/history of the ride. Given how they have allowed certain things to slip on the ride building, I'd say they definitely have plans to completely rip it out and replace it within the next 5 years. We've discussed the rumors for years now, and Swoosh will certainly tell you that there have been multiple ideas that have apparently floated around. No telling what exactly they'll decide on, but I would bet money on an entirely new indoor coaster/ride loosely related to the FITH story to come around soon-ish. Probably more emphasis on firemen and less on baldknobbers, but we'll see.

I think we went through a phase where SDC sanitized a lot of stuff, but now the clientele are starting to voice opinions the other way, saying that SDC has pulled too much. Hard to say what the PTB are hearing, but I don't think at this point that they would completely get rid of the baldknobber story. I do think they would emphasis that part of it less though.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 07:33:41 PM »
The "dark" rides they recently shopped around were decidedly sanitized and dared not touch a Bald Knobber theme.  Wasn't one of them about butterflies and fireflies or something like that.  Might be pretty, but it's also pretty generic as far as themed rides go (could fit in any park).
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2019, 05:25:16 PM »
If they demolish, I want one of those signs!!!! ;D

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2019, 11:19:37 PM »
I can see where the general public would only have a very general idea of the ride's story (a town being burned down). Maybe in a new version of FitH, they could have story signs in the queue or something.

Back when (*sigh*, I know....) the entire city told that story. Guests couldn't get to FITH without knowing what it was about.

krash9924

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 02:54:37 PM »
I was pretty shocked by the condition of the ride this past weekend. Music was almost completely off, allowing sounds to bleed over in scenes. As an essential piece of SDC history, and really one of the few family rides left in the park, would love to see it get some love. SDC is really lacking on family style rides.