Author Topic: $1 gas could spur attendence  (Read 10827 times)

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: $1 gas could spur attendence
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 07:41:44 AM »
Not to nitpick, but did you mean OPEC?  If not you have my attention as conspiracy theories always grab my attention.

Yes, I just misspelled it!  It was a typo.  Maybe we both should blame NASA!  Talk about a conspiracy.

You know they pulled off the moonwalk hoax, so maybe they do have something to do with this.    ;D 

Disclaimer:  I really do believe Neil Armstrong was moonwalking, and not the Micheal Jackson kind.  By the way was there ever a better name for a astronaut than Neil Armstrong?  It beats Buck Rogers anyday.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 07:43:34 AM by Hatfield McCoy »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 10:01:57 AM »
We're at $1.29 here in Independence...

Joy

SteamFreak

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »
WOW it's just too bad these fuel prices are the result of such a bad economy.

the insider

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 07:56:42 AM »
i think it has helped a little since gas has gone down, in the past we have really dropped off after thanksgiving weekend, but this year we are really doing well post turkey day. they are thinking maybe another 20,000 day today with the warm weather and not a lot of major sporting events to compete with.

sdcforever

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »
I hope attendance gets a boost until the end of the year.  It would be nice for the park.

Interestingly enough, the gas station companies are making more money now per gallon than they were when gas was over $3.00/gallon.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 06:11:05 PM »
Okay, so it's Saturday and my parents just called me and told me that they had to park at Notch today and that the employees were parking at the bank in Branson West.  Good day for the City it sounds like!
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 03:30:39 PM »
I had to park at the bank - never have I parked so far out.  They had a line of buses waiting to carry people to the front gate (I'll post a picture later.), and portable flood lights to illuminate the field in which we were parked.

On the way out, our driver told us the biggest crowd ever was three years ago - a little over 23,000 - and just after 7:00, the numbers were just a couple thousand under that (making it the second largest day to date), but people were still coming in.  Can anyone confirm whether or not the 13th was a record attendance?

The crowds were not terrible with all the rides operating above their temperature limits and with the new areas to spread people out.  It wasn't like this summer, but I've seen lines much longer in the past.  All in all, I felt like everything was handled quite smoothly.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 08:14:45 PM »
Here's what it was like to park in the field next to the bank, buses lined up ready to rake in the bucks.  Our driver at 3:00 said she had not gotten off the bus since 7 that morning - even though the park didn't open until 11:00.

They ran out of electric carts (This was last Saturday, 12/13.).
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating