Author Topic: Andy Miller concept art for sale on Ebay  (Read 3761 times)

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Andy Miller concept art for sale on Ebay
« on: August 16, 2019, 08:23:32 AM »
Check out the Andy Miller concept art for sale on Ebay! These drawings are awesome. I would have loved to ride this ride!

https://ebay.us/cGIfPa

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Miller concept art for sale on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:49:17 AM »
Very cool. It's such a shame this attraction never saw its day at SDC. It would have been an awesome addition to the park. With all the talk about scrapping or rehabbing FITH and FM at some point, is it fair to assume this concept is dead for good? Knowing how popular indoor attractions are these days, I'm really curious if the ice house idea could be resuscitated at some point. Hind sight is always 20/20, but seeing the schematic and renderings now really makes me feel like SDC and HFEC really missed an opportunity with this one.

Hope and pray they do something similar in the not too distant future. Perhaps a reimagined FITH has the potential of bringing this level of theming, detail and excitement to the park.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »
I just think the whole thing looked so industrial at the time that it wouldn't have fit with the surrounding area.  It could be done today, though, because the park is going in a whole different direction.  I can imagine that the whole thing would have been heavily air conditioned and exceedingly fun to ride.

As far as reviving the idea, I don't see planners looking to accomplish that level of quirky theming any time in the near future.  I also don't look for MRF to have everything that's included in the concept art; I hope I am wrong.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 06:56:21 PM »
That seller also has a piece of concept art from the never-made Hound Dog Jubilee.

I love the ice-house concept, and I think a coaster like a Euro-Fighter would be cool for it (but hopefully smooth  like Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia [omg that coaster was AMAZING] rather than the pretty rattly Mystery Mine).

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 02:10:15 AM »
^Without sounding repetitive as I know I have mentioned it a few times on here, with Dollywood I really was impressed with the theming and the ride thru experience on Mystery Mine, it tells me that Hershend still has it in them to build modern dark rides with immersive theming beyond the station building. Even though yes the Gerstlauer cars can sorta beat you up. I had envisioned if SDC would do that ride at their park they could get Mack Rides to come back in to use their Big Dipper cars for a similar experience and reuse the Waterboggan tower for it. However with the proximity of it being to Flooded Mine I would hate to lose it but I fear thats what might happen if SDC ever got their own "Mystery Mine". That or they use the concept for the "new" Fire In The Hole in whatever capacity its reborn. (if at all)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:14:58 AM by sdcfan88 »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 09:50:13 AM »
I wonder how many people realize they pay honor to Andy at FITH with the Andy Wagon Works sign inside the ride (right before you get to the Red Flanders scene).  He was the master of theming.
I'm Your Huckleberry