Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)  (Read 146007 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)
« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2020, 10:50:21 AM »
Yeah thats what I meant. They are doing a good job building up hype on their social media accounts but they are likely hurting for attendance as I know a lot of people were disappointed its not open yet and that is playing a role in the reduced numbers. (along with all the complaints about wearing masks) However doing a big media spectacle for its opening would definately help entice people to get over it and get them in the gate.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2020, 02:13:47 PM »
Going tomorrow!  Hoping the need some Guinea pigs!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 03, 2020, 08:22:20 AM »
The work fence has been removed along Fireman’s Landing and the ride plaza area. There isn’t a ride marquee yet. There are multiple bubbling rock fountains in the area.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 03, 2020, 08:25:45 AM »
Going tomorrow!  Hoping the need some Guinea pigs!

LOL/  !!  good luck!!    PICS!!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 03, 2020, 03:03:17 PM »
At the entry way at MRF... Kinda scratching my head on this theming design. These locker/dryer booths and doors look like it came straight out of Star Trek. Or is it a tie-in to Time Traveler? lol
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 09:06:06 PM by sdcfan88 »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 03, 2020, 06:09:18 PM »
😍😍😍 Amazing!!! Those are my favorite type of lockers! They used to have those dryers at Riverblast, but they were taken out after about a year. I rarely saw anyone ever use those dryers though. The dryers costed at least $3 back then. Most people know that Wildfire is a great way to dry off for free. Because of this, I think that 2 dryers is a bit too many. I doubt they would have a line if they had just 1 dryer. But I still love it!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #351 on: July 03, 2020, 07:13:03 PM »
😍😍😍 Amazing!!! Those are my favorite type of lockers! They used to have those dryers at Riverblast, but they were taken out after about a year. I rarely saw anyone ever use those dryers though. The dryers costed at least $3 back then. Most people know that Wildfire is a great way to dry off for free. Because of this, I think that 2 dryers is a bit too many. I doubt they would have a line if they had just 1 dryer. But I still love it!

The one at RB was too concealed.  They probably learned from that, and that's the reason these are so in-our-faces.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »
I'll start out by saying that we have never actually used lockers, but are all of the lockers throughout the park upgraded this year? They are all the same style as what is at the entrance to Mystic River Falls.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
And.....we missed it by 24 hours. They are letting riders on today.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2020, 04:38:42 PM »

Yeah I had a feeling. I was there yesterday too.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #355 on: July 04, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »

Yeah I had a feeling. I was there yesterday too.

Are you sure? Because I’m hearing otherwise
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2020, 11:42:30 AM »
^ There are posts from guests on SDC's Facebook page that they were invited to ride yesterday.  I know that doesn't make it official but still...
I'm Your Huckleberry

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »
That, and there is already another person posting in SDC's passholder group on facebook that they rode this morning. It seems that they're only letting roughly 50 people in line, and even that doesn't guarantee a ride as a lot of people towards the end of the line have been saying that the ride often shuts back down before they can board. I'm sure that more people will be able to experience it each day as they make further adjustments, though.

EDIT: It may have been a different group as I can't seem to find the post anymore. It had some really interesting photos that show the area around the first lift and elevator area.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 12:12:13 PM by Jaykethekid »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 05, 2020, 12:15:33 PM »
That, and there is already another person posting in SDC's passholder group on facebook that they rode this morning. It seems that they're only letting roughly 50 people in line, and even that doesn't guarantee a ride as a lot of people towards the end of the line have been saying that the ride often shuts back down before they can board. I'm sure that more people will be able to experience it each day as they make further adjustments, though.

EDIT: It may have been a different group as I can't seem to find the post anymore. It had some really interesting photos that show the area around the first lift and elevator area.

perfect way to shake the bugs out of it..  day by day..  It will be ready soon

bfork1

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 05, 2020, 05:46:29 PM »
Several hundred rode this morning, we waited in line 30 minutes and when we were on the raft, they closed the ride before we even launched.   Sux.