Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)  (Read 146050 times)

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
Re: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2020, 08:55:02 PM »
It's either that or simply because their PR team may not actually be on site since it may not be considered an absolutely essential job.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2020, 09:34:17 PM »
Fire in the Hole is still listed on the website. If I remember correctly, LROTO was quietly removed from the website without an announcement of its closing prior to the season. I find it hard to believe that HFE would close THIS attraction without any sendoff whatsoever. It's one of the originals. No matter its current poor condition, I agree with Shave that the park does recognize the importance of the attraction and it will have a proper sendoff.

We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds for so many of these projects. I'd imagine that the pandemic has delayed several projects by years at this point. The promotion of MRF on social media coming to a screeching halt tells me that the PTB just don't have enough information to tell the public anything at this point. Time will tell.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2020, 10:50:04 PM »
Let’s be honest, other than a Bible verse on Sundays and a few recipes, their PR during the shut down has been non existent.  While other parks are posting POV videos, coloring sheets, bingo... SDC has done nothing.  Really embarrassing to be honest
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2020, 11:04:18 PM »
Let’s be honest, other than a Bible verse on Sundays and a few recipes, their PR during the shut down has been non existent.  While other parks are posting POV videos, coloring sheets, bingo... SDC has done nothing.  Really embarrassing to be honest

I totally agree.  I follow lots of history museums and the like, and they post constantly.  It's not hard to find material that they could be covering to keep their logo and positivity in front of the public.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #244 on: May 20, 2020, 12:34:51 AM »
The lack of MRF teasers as Swoosh and Shave mentioned is really surprising unless the ride construction got delayed and they are trying to avoid backlash if they went and announced that the ride will take longer to complete as it would be bad for PR right now as they will be wanting to do whatever they can to get people back into the park when they do open to the public.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:22:24 AM by sdcfan88 »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2020, 06:28:46 AM »

I totally agree.  I follow lots of history museums and the like, and they post constantly.  It's not hard to find material that they could be covering to keep their logo and positivity in front of the public.

I bet the social media person was one of the first to be fuloughed.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2020, 09:49:42 AM »
The lack of MRF teasers as Swoosh and Shave mentioned is really surprising unless the ride construction got delayed and they are trying to avoid backlash if they went and announced that the ride will take longer to complete as it would be bad for PR right now as they will be wanting to do whatever they can to get people back into the park when they do open to the public.

It’s still being worked on.  In fact before the last set of furloughs, the only thing left to build was the elevator and elevated section.  The drop was already in place and most of the façades were already installed and painted
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2020, 09:52:35 AM »

I bet the social media person was one of the first to be fuloughed.

Well Joey was the one that you always saw in the videos, but there’s a huge marketing team.  So not sure what’s going on
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:56:34 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2020, 04:20:50 PM »
Maybe they're keeping it underwraps because they think they can get it opened by the time they're able to do a soft opening? I'm sure if they do a soft opening and announce that MRF will be open when reservations (assuming that's what they're doing) start that it'll boost attendance and the number of reservations.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2020, 06:53:12 PM »
^ Those are the rumors I've been hearing.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2020, 07:37:11 PM »
Can someone explain the reservation system? If we have to have half capacity and I am assuming that puts it around 12,500 give or take.....that is not a huge number to pack in. With SDC being mostly outdoor I am not sure if they have different limits but again this is assumption, many would get turned away. Right? Would it also be hard to get in based solely on a reservation type system? Its not a year round park and opening later means less days to visit. I would be especially upset if I was a SP holder and was unable to get in because every day I could go was booked. Or if you wanted to visit as a non SP but only had a small window during the summer and you could not because its booked. Again these are all assumptions. I dont go to the big year round parks so I am utterly clueless on much.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 21, 2020, 08:38:13 AM »
I read a report that Holiday World isn't requiring reservations of season pass holders. Only non-season pass holders will have to make a reservation.

I don't know what path SDC will take, but I would have to imagine that season pass holders will get priority admission.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there a lot of regular summer operating days where attendance doesn't hit 12,500? Fall and Christmas is another story...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2020, 08:49:43 AM »
There's been no mention of a reservation system for SDC that I know of.

It is often pretty light crowds during summer. I remember coming one random weekend last summer and being able to marathon Time Traveler because it was a walk-on.

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2020, 09:30:00 AM »
That is good to hear. But I think it would be wise to implement a reservation system now, so it will be normal when it is needed in the fall and Christmas.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 27, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »
Have you seen this weird animation of MRF yet?
https://youtu.be/lOx1E_LQnOI
SWOOSH