Author Topic: Season pass upgrade  (Read 6888 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: Season pass upgrade
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 07:28:25 PM »
I asked SDC about BAF pass upgrades to season passes.

Free BAF Passes CAN NOT be upgraded to season passes.
Paid BAF Passes CAN be upgraded to season passes.

Thanks for contacting the park and getting the official word on that.  I've been out of town at youth camp the last week and had little to no access to a phone or internet so I knew I wasn't going to be able to do it.

I am pretty sure the "rule" in the past was......

Upgrade on any "paid" ticket...

Which is why I am surprised that the free passes for teachers this month is upgradable..??...?/

As I mentioned, that's not a hard and fast rule.  The free admission tickets that employees get that they can give out can be upgraded to annual passes, and that's been true since before I worked at the park, so that has been in place a long time.  I know that other free tickets that the park has given out as promotional tickets have also been upgradeable to passes.  For example some tickets that were given free to our schools to use as fund raisers or incentives were upgradeable (I know several families who have used those for that purpose), and others given to people to attend a promotional event.  Additionally, I get a few free tickets each year for my volunteer work at our local school that I can use or give to friends, and they are also upgradeable.

So the BAF free tickets not being able to be upgraded to passes are the rare exception to the rule.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 08:43:10 PM »
It really seems strange that they seem to allow all these other free tickets to be upgraded but not the BAF passes

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2019, 09:06:48 AM »
It really seems strange that they seem to allow all these other free tickets to be upgraded but not the BAF passes

My guess is that there would be too big of a loss of revenue if they allowed BAF passes to be upgraded. For our family of 3 passes, we could just buy a single kids season pass and then use two of the BAF passes on our first visit to upgrade to 2 adult season passes at significant savings. This would be easy to plan for since we know that we will have the BAF passes. The other free tickets that can be upgraded aren’t a for sure thing for most people so upgrading with them can’t be planned for that well. Also, I’m guessing that most people that upgrade the free passes wouldn’t have bought a season pass otherwise so SDC is gaining revenue from them.

Don’t really anything to base this on other than speculation.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2019, 03:48:32 PM »

My guess is that there would be too big of a loss of revenue if they allowed BAF passes to be upgraded. For our family of 3 passes, we could just buy a single kids season pass and then use two of the BAF passes on our first visit to upgrade to 2 adult season passes at significant savings. This would be easy to plan for since we know that we will have the BAF passes. The other free tickets that can be upgraded aren’t a for sure thing for most people so upgrading with them can’t be planned for that well. Also, I’m guessing that most people that upgrade the free passes wouldn’t have bought a season pass otherwise so SDC is gaining revenue from them.

Don’t really anything to base this on other than speculation.

That would be my guess also.