Author Topic: Free passes that come with the season passes  (Read 3792 times)

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
Free passes that come with the season passes
« on: June 15, 2019, 05:18:33 PM »
What do you do with them when everybody you know that would visit SDC already has a season pass?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Free passes that come with the season passes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 08:16:10 PM »
We usually look for people waiting in line to buy tickets and ask them if they want to go in free with us. Sometimes they don’t believe us but we’ve actually had the ticket window staff tell them that it’s a legit thing.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 08:16:58 PM »
Just remember that they have to walk in with you. You can’t just give them the passes.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 08:40:24 PM »
Just remember that they have to walk in with you. You can’t just give them the passes.

I think I will try to do this.... Hopefully make somebody's day a bit better!

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 08:51:10 PM »
We have tried giving them to people in the past as we are going in and it got to the point where people were rude and acted like you were a scum bag or something even talking to them.  So now we just throw them away if we do not use them.

pintrader

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 07:38:03 AM »
We have tried giving them to people in the past as we are going in and it got to the point where people were rude and acted like you were a scum bag or something even talking to them.  So now we just throw them away if we do not use them.

We have given a lot of tickets away over the years, and yes there are a lot of skeptical people out there for good reason.  If you keep asking you will eventually find a family or individual that is very appreciative of your gift.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 08:04:53 PM »

We have given a lot of tickets away over the years, and yes there are a lot of skeptical people out there for good reason.  If you keep asking you will eventually find a family or individual that is very appreciative of your gift.

This!  If we've been out there on days the tickets are good, we'll look around for a family with kids or a younger couple that looks friendly and approach them with the offer.  I have had a couple turn me down, but most of the time they are very grateful for us saving them the money and the time in the extra line.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 04:13:56 PM »
My family is going to SDC, this Tuesday, but the BAFs aren't valid for Tuesday.  Might anybody have one extra pass (e.g., employee pass) we could use?  Send me a PM.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 07:32:11 PM »
I just got an email that has a coupon for a 35.00 ticket (limit 2) if you want it its yours.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 09:28:30 PM »
Thank you for your response.  We actually have the BAFs that are something like $26, so we'll use one of those if we have to.  I'm just cheap and thought somebody might make a better offer.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating