Author Topic: The Axe Game and Escape Code  (Read 2362 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
The Axe Game and Escape Code
« on: June 15, 2019, 10:23:47 AM »
Yesterday we finally(!) managed to get our group together and on schedule and made our way over to the Axe Game and the Escape Code.

Before we left, it had been a rough afternoon, chaotic at home (4 phone calls in 20 minutes from "Trump?"), and when we arrived at least 3 of our 6 were a bit on the stressed side.  We had 3 just pass college adults, one in their mid 30's, and 2 "older" people in upper 40's, and had absolutely no idea what to expect.  Only one had ever done any axe throwing (at a bachelor party while camping of all things), and only one had ever done an escape room so we were all rookies.

We started off at the Axe Game.  Talk about a near instant destreeser.  Within a few minutes we were relaxed and having an absolute blast.  They are wonderfully friendly and walk you through everything, then lead you into a few games that are fun but will also get your competitive juices running.  This is absolutely worth a stop on it's own.

But to make it even better is practically next door, the Escape Code.  They have a variety of rooms designed for different skill levels and different size groups, with several of them even being friendly for kids.  We did the Guest House, which is one of their easier and smaller group rooms (and one that we've also heard may be their best) and had an amazing time.  Definitely want to have a group of friends when you do this, but we found ourselves working very well as a team, with each persons different personality and learning style making us very effective.  We only took one hint and finished in exactly (to the second) 44 minutes- a full 16 minutes to spare!  Not bad for a bunch of rookies.

I'll have a full video of it coming up in a week and a half (leaving for camp Monday, sorry), but can't wait to do this again.  And can't wait for Sagas to open- my wife was super excited about that.  We'll be back.

Thank you so much John for hosting us!
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: The Axe Game and Escape Code
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 01:25:59 PM »
Here's a link to the video of our day.  It was really a ton of fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ym7pX6YQkc
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
Re: The Axe Game and Escape Code
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:47:39 AM »
Thanks so much for the write up and video! It was an honor hosting you all!
Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun