Author Topic: looking for cheaper things to do in branson  (Read 3246 times)

deniseh

• View Profile
looking for cheaper things to do in branson
« on: May 31, 2019, 11:28:00 PM »
hey everyone! we come to Branson often and are looking for cheaper things to do. we have been to the fish hatchery before. we do have a 6 year old kiddo with us. what is some fun stuff locals like to do? thanks  for any tips and recommendations.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: looking for cheaper things to do in branson
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 06:34:52 AM »
The visitor's center at Tablerock Dam is a neat place to spend an hour or two. We have always enjoyed looking through the museum at College of the Ozarks, though it has been a few years. I assume it is still open.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 09:01:07 AM »

I live on the water but a cpl  years ago I was in Branson on a very hot weekend.  We were going to SDC but it was so hot we drove further down the road and jumped in the lake! (It was 105)  Indian Point had some spots to get wet and it was really an enjoyable day!  Moonshine beach near the Chateau when the lake is semi normal height.  Nice sandy beach with small entrance fee.  Sometimes the simple stuff in a  different setting is really nice.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 11:06:48 PM »
Definitely the Museum at College of the Ozarks, and it's a real bargain.

https://www.rfostermuseum.com/Visit

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 08:11:41 AM »
Definitely the Museum at College of the Ozarks, and it's a real bargain.

https://www.rfostermuseum.com/Visit

absolutely! A must do..   

Also at the college is a bakery and tractor museum that is free to tour and look around.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 08:25:59 AM »

I live on the water but a cpl  years ago I was in Branson on a very hot weekend.  We were going to SDC but it was so hot we drove further down the road and jumped in the lake! (It was 105)  Indian Point had some spots to get wet and it was really an enjoyable day!  Moonshine beach near the Chateau when the lake is semi normal height.  Nice sandy beach with small entrance fee.  Sometimes the simple stuff in a  different setting is really nice.

I second this:  go to the lake and take a swim.

There is a great park/beach at Baxter (end of H off of Hwy 13 at Lampe, south of Kimberling City).