Author Topic: Any duck boats for sale cheap?  (Read 4764 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Any duck boats for sale cheap?
« on: May 27, 2019, 01:15:24 PM »
Since I have been flooded in since Thursday I am thinking I should try to see if I can pickup one of them former ride the duck boats for cheap to use as transportation in and out during flooding

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Any duck boats for sale cheap?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 02:15:51 PM »
you will have to find them first. t there are none in the lot at the Branson Location.

In fact the new kids area opened at that location this weekend.. not sure what it is..  mazes and games for the kids..  Not sure if it is adult friendly (lol) or not...

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 07:41:38 AM »
I'm also interested in the fate of the vehicles up on the rock and the contents of the museum.  They had some awfully nice pieces inside, and the drivetrain display was really special from a historical point of view.  At least one of the vehicles on the rock had a Hollywood connection (the US halftrack vismodded into a German one for Rat Patrol and other shows).

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 10:38:43 AM »
Since I have been flooded in since Thursday I am thinking I should try to see if I can pickup one of them former ride the duck boats for cheap to use as transportation in and out during flooding

Where are you located? Two of the homes my family lived in through the years are underwater (Webbers Falls and Ft. Gibson). We're in Tulsa not threatened by the flood waters, but have friends and family that are.

Jay

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 07:12:09 PM »

Where are you located? Two of the homes my family lived in through the years are underwater (Webbers Falls and Ft. Gibson). We're in Tulsa not threatened by the flood waters, but have friends and family that are.

Jay

About 4 miles north of Nowata.  It wont flood our house but a mile long stretch of the road between me and the highway is under 8 ft of water.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »
Lol ironic, me and some of my storm chasing buddies have been making that joke about obtaining one of them this year considering how treacherous some of the roads have been and not being sure which ones will wind up being underwater next.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:45:56 PM by sdcfan88 »

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 05:31:13 PM »
https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/arkansas-company-buys-remainder-of-branson-duck-boat-fleet/1990669930

The way the article reads it sounds like a company sold some boats to Ripley, who still owns them and sold the rest to this guy in Arkansas.  So does Ripley still have their boats and if so where are they?  The  article said Ripley does not plan to run any of them this year in Branson, so that would also seem to indicate they still own theirs.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 09:15:04 PM »
https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/arkansas-company-buys-remainder-of-branson-duck-boat-fleet/1990669930

The way the article reads it sounds like a company sold some boats to Ripley, who still owns them and sold the rest to this guy in Arkansas.  So does Ripley still have their boats and if so where are they?  The  article said Ripley does not plan to run any of them this year in Branson, so that would also seem to indicate they still own theirs.

From the last paragraph in the article:
Ripley spokeswoman Suzanne Smagala said the 21 remaining boats Ripley purchased will be put into storage. 
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.