Author Topic: Paula Deen's Restaurant Opening Day?  (Read 19853 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Paula Deen's Restaurant Opening Day?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2019, 06:43:51 AM »
The target audience was unable to keep many restaurants in business here before, too many to be soaly a operational problem.  The landing does not appeal to a lot of folks and the hotel obviously is not enough.

Good point MH,..

There have been many "nice" "quality" restauraunts come and go at the landing.

Many other place also, old chicago comes to mind..   I would go there to eat and partake in an adult beverage from time to time, always like their balcony/porch dining area.  But alas, it didnt make the cut either.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2019, 12:51:29 PM »
I have always wanted to try the India Clay Oven but never have.  Is it good?

It is excellent Okie. Its my favorite Indian restaurant that I've been to. Also one of my favorite restaurants overall. Service is really good and so is the food. I usually go for dinner as opposed to the lunch buffet. Little pricey but worth it. Now I need to go back again lol.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2019, 08:30:58 PM »
I thought about trying the lunch buffet since I have never had indian food before and not sure what to get.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2019, 09:54:02 PM »
I thought about trying the lunch buffet since I have never had indian food before and not sure what to get.

Personal recommendation would be either chicken or shrimp korma. Its a little sweeter and not very hot, not that much at ICO is hot since they're a northern Indian style restaurant. Southern Indian will be very hot. Tikka Masala and butter chicken are also favorites of mine.

I haven't had the buffet there before, the Indian buffets I've had before were good but the individual meals are better. But you can't go wrong giving them a try

JustGoHogs

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2019, 10:46:36 AM »
Any "A-Listers" on here at the opening?  From what I've seen on FaceBook, it looks like a fun time was had by all.

mrcyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »
Its now open!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2019, 03:56:47 PM »
It sounds to me like if you dont mind spending 30-40 dollars per person, you will like it real well.   

Personally, you wont ever see me there or in the vicinity...  LOL

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2019, 05:06:55 PM »
It sounds to me like if you dont mind spending 30-40 dollars per person, you will like it real well.   

If it's cooking like the TV show with tons of butter and added fat. Me either.  But, I tend to avoid all chain restaurants.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2019, 07:25:29 PM »

If it's cooking like the TV show with tons of butter and added fat. Me either.  But, I tend to avoid all chain restaurants.

I’d have a hard time calling this a chain restaurant.  Boutique restaurant? That might be a better description
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2019, 02:44:31 PM »

I’d have a hard time calling this a chain restaurant.  Boutique restaurant? That might be a better description

I would call it a chain. Pretty sure its like Margaritaville. Run by a outside company and she gets royalties. There were several more locations a couple years ago before they folded up in Texas.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 07:28:56 PM »
There’s only 6 locations and they’re all in tourist areas.  Branson, Pigeon Forge, Myrtle Beach and Gulf Shores. 
Boutique Restaurant it is. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2019, 08:01:15 PM »
There’s only 6 locations and they’re all in tourist areas.  Branson, Pigeon Forge, Myrtle Beach and Gulf Shores. 
Boutique Restaurant it is.

And that fact, should tell you all you need to know about that organization...

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2019, 04:29:42 PM »
I am currently in Branson for an overnight business trip and will be hitting the city for a couple of hours tomorrow morning.  I think I am going to head down and give this Paula Deen's a try since I will be using the company credit card.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2019, 05:51:37 PM »
Let’s be honest - most of you won’t be the target demographic, much like you won’t be staying at the Hilton

Uhhh, I frequently stay at the Hilton or one of the other Hilton properties when I am there.  But that is when I am working.  When it is on my dime I will be staying at the Ozark Valley.

Yup, I stayed at the Hilton in Salt Lake City and Montana last week.  :)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2019, 06:44:50 PM »
I was at the Hilton Anatole last week in Dallas for 2 days.

Anyway on to Paula Deen.  Just got back to the hotel after eating there.  We arrived at around 5:15 and the place was busy but not packed like I would suspect it would be on a weekend.  We were seated in about 20 minutes.  Food was decent but not breathtaking.  We ordered the meatloaf, chicken and dumplins, and the catfish with mashed potatoes, green beans, yams, and broccoli casserole.  The meatloaf was good.  dumplins were OK, catfish was ok but kind of soggy.  The sides were good except for the broccoli, it was mostly huge stems where were very hard and undercooked.  Very little greenery.  The menu said nothing about drink prices so I assumed it came with it.  We had tea and when the bill came it turns out drinks are $3.50.  WOW.  Bill after $9 tip was $67 for 2 people.  Sure glad it was a business dinner and I was not paying.  I can now say I have been there and have no need to go back.